Hello from Scotland — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello from Scotland

Options
Jaki_Mc
Jaki_Mc Community member Posts: 9 Connected
Good morning everyone. Just popping in here to say hi. I'm a carer to my son who is now 22 years old. He was diagnosed with Autism aged 2 and a half, and then with Dyspraxia aged 10. He also has other difficulties, which I won't list at the moment, but I'm sure they'll pop up in my future posts. I'm here because I'm looking for help and advice after receiving a copy of my son's PIP assessment report... and feeling completely devastated, teary, nauseous and stressed to the hilt because of what I've just read. You won't need three guesses to figure out the report doesn't read well. At all. I will go and search out the correct place to post about this, I just wanted to pop in here first. So yep, hi from an extremely deflated mum...

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Good morning @Jaki_Mc. I'm so sorry to hear about your son's assessment report. I'll keep an eye out for your posts elsewhere, but please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to support you and your son.
    You're very welcome here and I hope to see you around! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Jaki_Mc
    Jaki_Mc Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Options
    Hi @Adrian_Scope! Thanks so much for your reply. I have found the correct place to post my sorry tale... I think! I hope you manage to find it and I hope someone can help as I'm quite near the end of my tether. Sorry if that sounds dramatic lol ?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Not dramatic at all and we'll do everything we can to help. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering
    Options

Hello @Jaki_Mc    :

My Name is Connie00

I am one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  it’s really nice to meet you.

A very warm welcome to the Community.

Thank you for reaching out to us, first let me say I am sorry to hear that the report did not make good reading, I don’t know if the links below might help you. I am hoping that other members might be able to lead you in the right direction. DON’T GIVE UP  

We are always here to lend support, help, and advise where we can,

If we can be of any assistance to you please don’t hesitate to contact us

Have a good day

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/personal-independence-payment-pip/

https://www.mypipassessment.co.uk/feedback/

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Jaki_Mc

Don’t give up yet. Have you phoned CAB yet for advice? You can ring one of the contact numbers on this page or use the web chat function to speak to a advisor. Alternatively you can send them a email or find your closest one and have a conversation in person. 

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/contact-us/contact-us/
  • linlin01
    linlin01 Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @Jaki_Mc, you must be feeling very frustrated.  I hope going to such as CAB will help put things right. Does your council have a welfare rights officer that could help?
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Jaki_Mc and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to hear from a fellow Scot and thank you for sharing with us.  I am really sorry to hear that your son's PIP assessment report upset you and hope you have been able to find some further information/support from the Community or via CAB.  I know it's difficult, but please don't be disheartened as there are many of us who also struggle with the PIP journey so can appreciate your frustration.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on and don't hesitate to ask any further questions as there will always be someone on here who can help.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness