Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Esa affected by husband's pension?

Francesca123Francesca123 Member Posts: 1 Listener
i have just got married and my husband as moved in i phone council tax to let then know. Was told I need to inform esa my husband as just retried and as got a pension  he did have a large sum put in there and now I am worried that it my affect his money  please any help would be good 


  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    You will need to ring ESA to report the changes that you are now living with your partner. If you're claiming Income Related ESA then any pension is counted as income £1 for £1.

    Any savings you have will affect any means tested benefits you claim. £6,000 and over and your ESA will be affected £1 for every £250 over that amount. Anything £16,000 and over and you won't be entitled to any means tested benefits.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,730 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Francesca123 and I hope @poppy123456 's answer has helped you :)
    Senior online community officer
Sign in or join us to comment.