M. R question — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

M. R question

Jen4579
Jen4579 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi so we sent off a very lengthy M. R form along with supporting letters. We are expecting a long wait for the decision to be made but do we recieve a letter confirming they have recieved everything and started the process like they did with the initial application.

I suppose it's  worth asking whilst here how long did it take for you to recieve your decision I know it varies from area to area and times of years etc but interested. 

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Jen4579.

This is dependent on the amount of backlog. My aunt recently applied for PIP for her husband last week and they are still waiting to hear back from DWP about their award.

Good luck! It sounds like you don’t have too much longer to wait though. Keep us updated. 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, firstly MRs take about 8 weeks to hear your result most MRs remain the same so don’t be surprised if you have to take it further to a tribunal hearing. As for applying for PIP you will have a Face 2 Face assessment which you will be invited to attend and afterwards your award notification letter will arrive any time after 8 to 10 weeks some times longer but you can request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can work out what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the award notification letter.
  • crazyjan
    crazyjan Community member Posts: 56 Pioneering
    I had a text saying they had received my letter and it would take up to 10 weeks. It took 14. All the best. I hope you get good news soon.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.