ESA payment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA payment

Options
lyn44
lyn44 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi I normally get paid my ESA at midnight on a Saturday I'm disabled so don't need to go for any jobcentre assessments but I haven't been paid today and jobcentre is closed on Saturday I'm now worried as I have certain bills I have to pay today don't no what to do it has happened before but no took this amount of time to go in it's been 7 hrs now and still nothing 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Your payment day is actually Monday, the only reason you receive it on a Saturday is because your bank process the payment early because of the weekend. Some banks still do this and some banks stopped it quite some time ago. I bank with Natwest and they stopped it quite a long time ago.

Are you sure you're due to receive payment today? Have you recently had a work capability assessment for ESA? or have you received a work capability assessment form (ESA50) recently?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lyn44
    Options
    No as I don't have to have one as I'm fully.disabled.and in support group and I'm enhanced rate for both on pip 
  • lyn44
    Options
    My bank is Barclays so.if they have it's only.jst  been this weekend as I always get mine on Saturday and yes I was due a payment Hun  
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lyn44

Good morning & Welcome.

I’m one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

I have just checked my payments for you.

My dates are every Wednesday.

I bank with NatWest.

@steve51
  • poppy123456
    Options
    lyn44 said:
    No as I don't have to have one as I'm fully.disabled.and in support group and I'm enhanced rate for both on pip 
    There's lot of people that are fully disabled, in the Support Group and also receive PIP but that doesn't exclude them from future re-assessments for ESA.

DWP open tomorrow morning at 8 am if you haven't received payment tomorrow then you'll need to ring them to ask why. If you haven't missed a work capability assessment or failed to return a work capability assessment form then there's no reasons for your ESA to stop. Do be aware that it can take an hour for them to answer the phone.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • lyn44
    Options
    Thankyou for Ur advice and help and no I haven't been sent for one or receivied anything to send back so don't no why I'll be ringin them in morning
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Do let us know once you've rang.
  • lyn44
    Options
    Hi rang them and it was a error on there side didn't automatically go threw to bank so now sorted and been paid 

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,937 Scope online community team
    Options
    That must have been really worrying @lyn44. I'm glad you've been paid now!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • lyn44
    Options
    It was especially when u got bills and kids to feed 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm glad it's now been sorted @lyn44! A massive relief!
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.