Hello and my journey so far — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello and my journey so far

Options
stratos
stratos Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
edited September 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am new here and have applied for PIP with my OT's backing and had my F2F last Monday. I have inflammatory, erosive osteoarthritis, chronic kidney disease, severe issues with my colon, Lupus and PTSD following a horrific car accident. My assessor was an hour late as she was running behind (appt end of day), came down to apologise and helped me into the lift. She seemed professional and polite enough and helped with giving me water, which I thought was lovely. She asked all the questions on the form again as standard and gave me an opportunity to explain how they affect my daily life.
I was having a particularily bad day and the wait hadnt helped. The butterfly rash across my face was quite pronounced and she said she would be as quick as possible as I really didnt look well. 
When it came to the physical tests she said she wasnt going to ask me to do them as she could see I was in pain.....will this go as a refusal or will she state she requested they wernt done?
Having read many, many horror stories, I am so worried she will not put everything on the report.
I am ringing tomorrow to see if I can get a copy off assessment.
Fingers crossed all will go well. Apologies for spelling mistakes, I use a special keyboard and doesnt always come out right!!
Will keep you informed.

Comments

• stratos
    Options
    I am new here and have applied for PIP with my OT's backing and had my F2F last Monday. I have inflammatory, erosive osteoarthritis, chronic kidney disease, severe issues with my colon, Lupus and PTSD following a horrific car accident. My assessor was an hour late as she was running behind (appt end of day), came down to apologise and helped me into the lift. She seemed professional and polite enough and helped with giving me water, which I thought was lovely. She asked all the questions on the form again as standard and gave me an opportunity to explain how they affect my daily life.
    I was having a particularily bad day and the wait hadnt helped. The butterfly rash across my face was quite pronounced and she said she would be as quick as possible as I really didnt look well. 
    When it came to the physical tests she said she wasnt going to ask me to do them as she could see I was in pain.....will this go as a refusal or will she state she requested they wernt done?
    Having read many, many horror stories, I am so worried she will not put everything on the report.
    I am ringing tomorrow to see if I can get a copy off assessment.
    Fingers crossed all will go well. Apologies for spelling mistakes, I use a special keyboard and doesnt always come out right!!
    Will keep you informed.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

It's impossible to try to speculate anything at this stage i'm afraid. Ring to request the report and when you receive it take a look at the PIP descriptors to add up any points that may have been recommended in the report. Look for the dots and compare them. They usually go with the report, it's rare to go against it. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • stratos
    Options
    Hi and thank you Poppy. Ahh not sure why two copy posts came up, very sorry.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @stratos,

I imagine the waiting didn't help at all! I'm glad she appeared to be understanding though. Please do let us know how you get on when you receive report, I hope it is a true reflection.
    Scope

• stratos
    Options
    Thank you all. I have posted again as just received a phone call from PIP

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.