severely visually impaired, my condition is called Anirida — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

severely visually impaired, my condition is called Anirida

Haya_H
Haya_H Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2019 in Sensory impairments
Hi, My name Is Haya. I am 20 years old. I'm originally from Pakistan but have been brought up in the UK. I've moved from country to country and ended up back in the same area (Swindon). I am severely visually impaired, my condition is called Anirida. Because of the nature of the condition I am affected by several eye conditions and a few medical conditions. Being the only 'disabled' individual among my family and relatives it has taken a long time for me to accept this, having faced discrimination and bullying in school and the current day to day difficulties I face have affected my mental health. Despite all of this, I've learned to be more resilient and I have just started my journey in blogging so I can share my experiences with others and I feel journaling could help me heal, as well as reaching out to communities. I am so thrilled to have come across this scope community and I look forward to making new friends :)

Comments

Brightness