DLA to PIP Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA to PIP Assessment

Options
julief2330blue
julief2330blue Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello I am a newbie and I am very anxious as I have had a home F2F and am awaiting for the brown envelope to be delivered.  I cannot eat or sleep as I am so worried about the decision.  On DLA I had high mobility and middle Carers if I lose my enhanced mobility I won’t be able to get to any medical appointments unless i pay for taxis, which as you know can be quite expensive. 
I keep going over the questions I was asked and I should have answered them differently, he did write that I could walk over a meter but no more than 20 feet so I am hoping that that will help with the decision.
i Surrey with RA and Chronic Back Pain - secondary to extensive degenerate changes and facet joint osteoarthritis. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,014 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It's a worrying time for everyone waiting for a decision. As you've had the assessment, wait a week and ring DWP and request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision will be because they mostly go with the report. You'll still need to wait for the decision though but hopefully it won't be too long but there's no timescales.

Once you receive the report have a look for the dots next to the descriptors/activities and compare them against the PIP descriptors. From that you'll be able to work out how many points may have been recommended. If it's not what you expected, once a decision's been made you have 1 month to request the Mandatory Reconsideration. Fingers crossed it won't come to that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • EricaMcD
    EricaMcD Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Options
    Hi,

It sounds as if anxious time for you.  I know alterations in your benefits can have a real impact on what you can and cannot do.  It sounds as if you spent some time reflecting on how you answered your questions during the assessment.  If you have any questions that you have when the report comes back then it might be useful to come back to the online community to get some advice.    
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @julief2330blue and welcome to the community! I understand how stressful the whole process can be. How are you doing today?
    Scope

• steve23965
    steve23965 Community member Posts: 4 Connected
    Options
    Hi all.

I have an assessment on the 2nd October. They will carry out this at my home address. I am worried due to all the negativity towards Capitas and how they carry out these assessments. Any advice?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @steve23965, the assessor should be professional and kind. I would advise having the evidence with you if you feel this will help you to answer the questions. I really hope it goes well!
    Scope

• steve23965
    steve23965 Community member Posts: 4 Connected
    Options
    Hi Chloe. I sent medical copies of my condition including letters about diagnosis etc. Capitas are coming to my home address. Think all the bad press about capitas and dwp was putting me off. Thank you for replying.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.