DWP filling in forms for me, are they trying to trick me? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP filling in forms for me, are they trying to trick me?

Options
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone  im  being changed from  DLA  to  PIP  and I have asked welfare rights  to fill out my form as I find it very hard to write
The DWP  are coming to help fill the form in for me but I am terrified that they are biased and will trick me.   is there anything that I can do
.about  it  ???

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Sharpshooter
    Please don't be concerned, they are there to support you. Perhaps it would make you feel more comfortable if you had a friend or family member there when they were going through the forms with you?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • jaktag
    jaktag Community member Posts: 19 Courageous
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Please don't worry they will advise and help you.I have just gone through it all i am waiting for my decision but i think i have lost the mobility car that i have relied on for 15 year.Next time i have any forms to fill in i am going to ask for help as i cant face it all again,its too much for me now.Sorry misunderstood thought it was welfare rights that were helping you I wouldn;t trust the DWP to fill them in for you NO WAY!!
  • yingtong
    yingtong Community member Posts: 37 Pioneering
    Options
    Please don’t worry they filled mine out for me and certainly didn’t try to cheat me,in fact I got a tremendous result.
  • worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Options
    They filled out my ESA backdated EDP form, and was done honestly.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Sharpshooter and welcome to the community! How are you getting on?
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.