Change of Circumstances — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Change of Circumstances

Options
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

When filling out that form you need to put as much information as possible about how those conditions affect you. Adding 2-3 real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you will also help. No one can tell you what you should write on the form because no one knows exactly how your conditions affect you. The best person to know that is yourself. There's no specific wording to use either.

Send relevant evidence with the form to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for any evidence, the onus is on you to make sure it's sent.

If you need extra time to return the form you can ring and ask for an extra 14 days. Providing the form is returned on time then your PIP will continue until a decision's been made. Expect a face to face assessment because most people have them, it's rare to have a paper based assessment.

This guide will help you have more understanding of the PIP descriptors and what they mean.

If you're still unable to fill it out yourself then contact a local advice agency near you and they will be able to help you but do be aware that they are often very busy and may not be able to fit you in for an appointment within the time the form needs to be returned. Use this link to find what's local to you. https://advicelocal.uk/

Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 31 Connected
    Options
  • worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Options
    I know your feeling on the charity reps, some seem to want only the low hanging fruit.

Sadly I have not gone through the process of "change of circumstances" but as I understand it, its effectively just an early review.  You have a new assessment (either paper or f2f) and a new decision, it can go either way, you may get no/lower award, you may get a higher one, or you may get the same as now.

Just be sure you actually meet more or higher point scoring descriptors, and its not a just a case of you less well, in more pain etc.  Its the descriptors that decide entitlement.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Apolloesque, I appreciate that this is not an easy decision to make. If there is anything else we can do to support you then please do let us know.
    Scope

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Very few people claim PIP fraudulently.

If they contacted GP's/Consultants for evidence then the backlogs would be even longer than they already are. It's the claimants responsibility to prove you qualify, not theirs.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I am a community champion here on scope and you have made 28 posts. I fail to see what your problem is with me. I'm here to give advice to others and haven't made any bad comments in your direction.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Apolloesque - I think your last post is very unfair...

The forum is for others, many of whom have been through the PIP process , to offer advice...

Obviously it is for you to judge whether to follow their advice or not - but don't criticise them  as 'not qualified' when they have taken the time to respond to your query ...
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Apolloesque

I would like you to consider your tone in your posts, there are several posts this morning that have been flagged up to us from you.

This is a safe and friendly space for people to connect and share experiences. @poppy123456 is one of our Community Champions, she volunteers her time and experience to support others. If you do not want to see her posts, you can put her on 'ignore' by going to her profile and clicking on the drop down menu and hitting ignore.

If you see a post that you feel is 'dangerous' advice then please do point it out to us by reporting it so we can assess this.

We want the community to be a safe and supportive place. Please make sure your messages respect other users’ views and suggestions, even if you do not agree with them.

Take care to present your views tactfully and remember that humour may be misinterpreted.

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Sam_Alumni
    Options
    Hi @Apolloesque
    I'm sorry you feel you want to leave the community. Can you please email us on community@scope.org.uk with that request and we can sort that for you.
    Scope
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Sam_Alumni
    Options
    You too @Apolloesque - best wishes.
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.