How long from medical to final decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long from medical to final decision?

Options
Smellycatpurrrs
Smellycatpurrrs Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Ive been told by medical side that they closed file on 27th July 2019 and sent to decision maker and to call universal credit? 
Ive been chasing my tail since december when they forced me off esa!
I contacted universal credit today to be told lots of people before me and they would ask if my case could be escalated! Im skunnered with it
 I have fibronyalgia and epilepsy and the effect is huge on my stress and health! Help

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

There's no timescales for any decisions. Backlog is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. You can ring UC and request a copy of the assessment report (ESA85) to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

You'll still need to wait for the decision but once it's made if you're not happy you have 1 month from that date to request the MR.

When you say they forced you off ESA, where you found fit for work? If so did you request the MR and then Tribunal if that failed?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Smellycatpurrrs and a warm welcome to the community. I'm sorry you have been waiting so long, and I appreciate how frustrating this is.

I really hope it isn't much longer, and like @poppy123456 said, you can always request a copy of your report.
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.