Tribunal date finally arrived! - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal date finally arrived!

124»

Comments

• PIPnewbie
    PIPnewbie Community member Posts: 298 Pioneering
    @poppy123456

Sorry, one more thing, we just realised does this mean she will get money backdated to when she applied?!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes but it can take 8 weeks to receive this and about the same time to put the award into payment. DWP will contact her.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • PIPnewbie
    Yes but it can take 8 weeks to receive this and about the same time to put the award into payment. DWP will contact her.

Wow!  Thanks
  • PIPnewbie
    @poppy123456

Does the 8 weeks mean the same for the updated regular PIP payment?
  • poppy123456
    No problem and yes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • PIPnewbie
    @poppy123456
    @Adrian_Scope

She got her letter regarding her appeal today. 

As the clerk stated she retained her standard daily living (though they upped it to 9 points from 8), and she scored 14 points for mobility, thus has enhanced mobility.

I guess now she must await the DWP to contact her once they receive the report too.

Hope I’m not spamming guys.  I just add these little bits of info so people who do searches can know what to expect or what may happen.
  • poppy123456
    Backdated money can take around 8 weeks, sometimes less and the same amount of time to put her new award into payment.
  • PIPnewbie
    Backdated money can take around 8 weeks, sometimes less and the same amount of time to put her new award into payment.
    So her next PIP payment will likely be the old entitlement of standard daily living?  And then when they're finally ready to pay the backdated payment, they'll calculate it to the day since her original claim?
  • poppy123456
    Potentially yes. As you know there's no timescales for anything, it's just a guide. Some people receive backdated money as soon as 2 weeks, others wait 8 weeks and more.

They do have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the statement of reasons (SOR) because they have the same chance we do to appeal the decision. They can't appeal without first requesting this and find an error in law. They sometimes request the SOR but rarely appeal. If they request the SOR they will write to her. Requesting this doesn't mean they are appealing.
  • PIPnewbie
    Potentially yes. As you know there's no timescales for anything, it's just a guide. Some people receive backdated money as soon as 2 weeks, others wait 8 weeks and more.

They do have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the statement of reasons (SOR) because they have the same chance we do to appeal the decision. They can't appeal without first requesting this and find an error in law. They sometimes request the SOR but rarely appeal. If they request the SOR they will write to her. Requesting this doesn't mean they are appealing.

Thank you so much @poppy123456

As always I will follow up with results for the benefit of this forum :)
  • PIPnewbie
    @poppy123456
    @Adrian_Scope

Just thought I would let you know the DWP sent my partner a letter and they haven’t disputed it.

They are paying her the backdated pay next week, and her next PIP payment will be the updated rate.

I just want to thank you guys for your help along the way. It’s been quite a journey.

I won’t update again, as I’m sure at this point nothing is going to go wrong and the payments will be in safely at the specified times.
  • Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    Great news @PIPnewbie! So pleased for you.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Brilliant news @PIPnewbie! I’m so happy for you and your partner. Thanks for popping on to update us and best of luck to you both for the future. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • PIPnewbie
    Thank you so much guys ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Amazing news!! Thank you for letting us know! :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.