Waiting on a decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting on a decision

Options
naz786
naz786 Community member Posts: 62 Connected
edited September 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I'm new plz to meet everyone I had my f2f assessment 30-8-19 waiting on decision recieved a  message and tex saying they received everything now going to make a decision 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,980 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

The text you received is a standard text they send everyone but it's doesn't mean a decision is about to be made, there's still no timescales.

If you live in the UK you can ring DWP and request a copy of the report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @naz786 Welcome, & pleased to meet you too.
  • naz786
    Options
    Thanks chiarieds how are you 
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Just trying to keep the peace between my son's dog & my kitten! Glad you've got your assessment out the way. Here's hoping all goes well.
  • naz786
    Options
    I phoned pip to find out got bad news they declined it really stressed about it 
  • chiarieds
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Oh @naz786 so dreadfully sorry to read that. Have you asked for a copy of your assessment report as suggested above?

Once you get your decision letter you will see you can appeal about it ( a Mandatory Reconsideration). You have one month to put this in place. I had to do this & won, but many are not so fortunate.
  • naz786
    Options
    I'm really stressed about it can't believe they declined it when I have health issues im waiting on letter should be with me next couple of days 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @naz786. I'm sorry to hear that. Will you be appealing the decision? We have lots of information about appealing PIP decisions on our website.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • naz786
    Options
    Yes I will be soon as letter comes 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,980 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear this. You now have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR. You should put this in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Any relevant evidence you have should be sent with the letter to support your claim. They very rarely contact anyone for this. Do be aware that most MR decisions remain the same so you'll likely have to take it to Tribunal Appearing in person will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour.

Put your postcode into this link and it will tell you what's available in your area for face to face advice and help.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.