Fuming — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fuming

Options
Bluey32
Bluey32 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
What do non blue badge holders think they can park in a disabled space & think nothing of it !!! 4 bloody cars &  not 1 blue badge 

Comments

• maggieomx
    maggieomx Community member Posts: 131 Courageous
    Options
    Where abouts did this happen ?
    I find this is happening a lot lately !
  • Bluey32
    Bluey32 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Options
    I'm in wombourne hun it gets me do angry. Even b4 I got my blue badge I hated people parking in a disabled space when they have no blue badge 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When did it happen? All you need to do is report it @Bluey32
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I know the feeling, it happens all the time in my area too. Reporting it makes no difference, at least not where i live.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello everyone, if the offenders are parked in a disability bay and not showing their or a badge then park behind them and go about your business, and on their return they will be blocked in and will have to wait for your return take a photo and car details inform local council who mostly are the people to issue enforcement fines ect , drastic but bound to work, don’t have this trouble where I live but a lot of should they have a badge people parking then walking away with no visible disability?
  • Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Options
    Hiya,
    I also find annoying that at times, a driver will sit in their car in a disabled bay ( no blue badge )awaiting for their passenger to arrive with the attitude ‘I’ll move, you only needed to ask’. Why park there anyway, I wish I didn’t have the need to park there in the first place.
    It seems to me as though it’s an attitude of ‘I can’t have but I want it’.
    To a certain extent I agree with you wilko. 
    We just don’t want the confrontation when we get back to the car. Sometimes it’s hard enough to make the effort to go out, let alone have some person with no morals whatsoever screaming at you.
    If only people realise how difficult it can be if you can’t find a empty disabled bay. A little bit of mind thought goes a long way.
    Sadly these people won’t stop if they can get away with it and sadly places like Supermarkets won’t do anything about it ,because it means turning customers away and they don’t want that.
    Thats my rant for the day and boy do I feel better for that hahaha Happy shopping ???

• maggieomx
    Options
    Wilko not all illnesses are visable .
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    Options
    maggieomx said:
    Wilko not all illnesses are visable .

Very true but Blue Badges ARE visible.  If they're not on display there is no entitlement to use a disabled bay.  Maybe applying a reminder sticker (with superglue) right in their field of vision might make them think again.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• maggieomx
    Options
    I commented on your post that drivers wer walking away with their cars not showing any disabilities. !!!!
    Iv got a blue badge and
    Iv had this comment made to me pleanty of times ...i dont look ill.. on my life they wouldnt say that if they
    The illnesses i have !!
  • AhhBisto
    AhhBisto Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    Options
    To be honest, I care for someone that doesn't look disabled at first glance and the hardest part is remembering to put the badge up straight away. 

She's not a child and will open car doors like she's escaping a sinking submarine, then I've got the child to get out. It's not like we can stick them on the dash all the time either.

Sometimes you have to consider that you don't know someones situation so don't judge and especially don't be horrible and block them in.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @maggieomx, I know about hidden disability I shall correct my opinion, people who use another’s peoples blues badge maybe , partner or friend to do shopping when they are not entitled to and Rick having the blue badge returned for misuse.

Brightness