Hi everyone — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi everyone

Options
jaktag
jaktag Community member Posts: 19 Courageous
Just want to say Hi to everyone i have been lurking around for some time so thought i would introduce myself.Just going through the PIP process so feeling stressed with it all.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @jaktag   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who join the community.

Please have a look around our website. Please if we can help with anything please get in touch.

Some one will know a member of our community or a member of our team.

I know PIP experience is stressful. Happy to be supportive.  Best wishes on a positive outcome.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • linlin01
    linlin01 Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @jaktag, I'm new here too and also going through the PIP process.  Was about to have my assessment tomorrow but they cancelled and now I've got to wait another 3 weeks!!!  How are you getting on?  :)
  • jaktag
    Options
    Hi Linlin01 
    I had my assessment 2 week ago and she was just awful.She lied on most things.She never asked me to do any movements but she put on the report i refused to do them.She said i can walk 20 to 50m when i cant walk 20m.You name it she lied about it.I have just phoned DWP to tell them i am not happy with what she put,but i dont suppose it will do any good.I expect to have to ask for a mandatory reconsideration.Good luck with yours i hope you get one of the decent assessors there are some.I was just unlucky i suppose.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Sorry you had such an awful assessment @jaktag. Please let us know if you need any advice with the appeal process. Many of our members are going through a similar situation and we'll do our best to support you. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • jaktag
    Options
  • naz786
    naz786 Community member Posts: 62 Connected
    Options
    I just phoned pip got bad news they have declined it not going to give it to me 
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @jaktag I’m Emma, one of the Community Champions who are here to help and advise. Welcome to the community.
  • naz786
    naz786 Community member Posts: 62 Connected
    Options
    Hi wat advise can you help with 
  • jaktag
    Options
    Thanks Emma! 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jaktag and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I know that the PIP process can be really stressful and frustrating and sorry to hear you had such a horrible experience with your assessment.  Please let us know how you get on with this and we are here to help/support you should you need it.  All the best.   :)
    Hi also @naz786 and welcome to the Community too!  It is nice to meet you as well.  I'm sorry to hear that your PIP outcome was bad news for you.  If you need any help/support with this then there are members on here who can help you.  All the best.   :)
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jaktag @naz786

Welcome it’s great to meet you both this evening.

I am one of a team of Community Champion’s.

I have just completed my lovely journey through “PIP”

Yes I had to go through the “Mandatory Reconsideration Process”

“For My Sins”

Please please let me know if there’s any “support” that I can “offer you”

@steve51
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jaktag and welcome to the community! Sorry to hear about your PIP assessment, as you can see from above comments, you're not alone in this!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • jaktag
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hi everyone!! i have just this morning got the dreaded brown envelope from DWP.I have been awarded standard care and standard mobility
    PIP. was on high rate DLA car and high rate mobility and was for 22years due to having MS all this time.I will loose my car and am really upset over  this .I will be housebound with no car.I think motobility will pay me £2000 to buy  a car but i dont think i will ne able to afford one as i will have  to pay insurance too.To say i am upset is an understatement.But i dare not ask for a mandatory reconsideration as i fear i might loose the standatd award as i only just had enough points for it.I was in such a mess when i saw the letter and broke down and cried after reading it.Anyway i suppose i will get used to it eventually.It could be worse i suppose.

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @jaktag   Thank you for your post and sharing. Sorry to hear this.

I would first speak to Motability they usually send you a letter and they do send you a booklet outlining options.

I have to share lost my car over a year ago did not ever appeal.

I took the money.

I do want to give you some reassurance and confidence they is life after a car.

I am like you thought how will I cope.?

Cannot use buses but with the standard rate of PIP used that for taxis. This what I do. 

There are lot of taxi firms on line see what is available in your area. Use YELL website for reviews.

This is the dilemma costs for a taxi against costs for a car.

I have saved around £40 to £50 a month on fuel, carparking.

Find one that gives you a mobile number can text in to book.

Hospitals, Doctors double check do they have a volunteer drivers schemes some areas do. Look on line mine does not.

You be amazed you think taxis expensive not so because you using your standard rate to get about.

Also taxi can go where you may not be able to outside a bank or Post Office.  

My advice to you is always appeal if you wish to consider speaking to CAB.

Not all negative you have to think positive, if you use the car a lot is it worth appealing if you like myself not bothered got about coped.

Remember got this money not every day you get that. I was on the scheme for over twenty years.

Be practical use on line for every thing shopping, meds and banking.

One other point there are positive results on appeals just we do not hear them as a community too few to mention. Some members never tell us the community.

Please if I can help with anything please get in touch. I am one of the community champions. Happy to be compassionate have empathy and ready to listen if you wish to.

Pleasure to meet you.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • jaktag
    Options

Brightness