Blue badge — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Blue badge

Cornela
Cornela Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My pip award run out in June so I have been waiting for a assessment I put in for my blue badge got a phone call to say they need the new award letter such I don't have I sent them my old one I am still getting paid by pip I took them to court in 2017 and one so I have had pip for 2years I only have my annual letter and I don't know what to do 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello there is nothing you can do if you can't provide the documentation or proof of entitlement till you are reawarde PIP unless you're conditions sujest otherwise with proof and a recommendation from a health professional. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Cornela said:
    My pip award run out in June so I have been waiting for a assessment I put in for my blue badge got a phone call to say they need the new award letter such I don't have I sent them my old one I am still getting paid by pip I took them to court in 2017 and one so I have had pip for 2years I only have my annual letter and I don't know what to do 
    If your PIP award ran out in June then you shouldn't still be receiving any PIP payments because there's no award in place. As you have no PIP award then you won't automatically be entitled to a Blue badge, you will need to go through an assessment and send evidence to support your claim.

The PIP award that ended in June won't help your new claim for the BB.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Cornela, and a warm welcome to the community!

Are you in the process of renewing the award? Unfortunately, if you do not have a current PIP award then you will be unable to get a blue badge with this. However, some councils have other things which you can submit as proof.

This may be worth looking into. :)

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.
    Scope

Brightness