will I lose any of my ESA support benefits when i get my pension — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

will I lose any of my ESA support benefits when i get my pension

swanmark
swanmark Community member Posts: 13 Connected
I am currently on ESA support group, I have the obligatory living expenses plus I receive extra money for being severely disabled and disability income guarantee and extra money for being in a support group. I also get PIP. I get my pension in a few weeks, so will I lose any of the above benefits. I have been told by some that I wont lose some of these benefits. anyone have any information that can help please. Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2019
    Hi,

Your ESA will stop completely because it's a working age benefit. This will include the disability income guarantee which is otherwise known as the Enhanced disability premium because it's only paid when receiving Income Related ESA.

The severe disability premium (£65.85 per week)  will be paid through pension credit, which you can claim. To claim this once your state pension starts you'll need to ring the pension credit claims line. See link. https://www.gov.uk/pension-credit/how-to-claim

PIP will continue for as long as you remain entitled to it.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.