please please help ..exhausted ! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

please please help ..exhausted !

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 231 Pioneering
edited September 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Can i just ask you to confirm that you said you have a date for the Tribunal hearing in 3 weeks time? even though you only requested the appeal 3 weeks ago? are you sure you've received a date already?

The fact that the how your disability affects you form wasn't filled in correctly doesn't really matter now because the assessment is over. There's most likely thousands of people out there that don't fill out this form with all the information about how their conditions affect them but they still go on to be awarded PIP with out any problems at all.

The evidence that wasn't included, you need to send this to HMCTS ASAP to make sure it arrives within 10 days of the hearing date. If you have extra evidence to send then i'd advise you to send that as well. Make sure you add you name NI number and Tribunal reference to everything you send.

Are you taking someone with you to the hearing or going alone?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Have you also written your submission and sent that? If you haven't you should also do this to state where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • poppy123456
    No problem. You should not be contacting DWP at this stage because it's in the hands of HMCTS now and it's them you should contact.

Whether or not you had fair assessment doesn't really matter now because it's at Tribunal stage and this is what you need to concentrate on. Forget what did or didn't happen at the assessment because that's not important. What is important is presenting your case, even though you've been give an extremely quick date. Most people are waiting almost a year because backlogs are huge.
  • Aimz2shine
    Aimz2shine Community member Posts: 19 Courageous
    @justdon, there is an organisation called Equal Lives. Google them. They are an advocacy group for disabled people and represent several counties under one umbrella. If you're not in the counties they represent, I'm sure they can point you to the correct advocacy group. Even so, their website is full of information as to how to go about battling the DWP. They even have different templates to use for all different kinds of communication to send to the DWP. Equal Lives were instrumental in helping me "win" my tribunal. They held my hand every step of the way. I've been in your shoes, as have so many others. There are plenty of advocacy groups for the disabled out there, and they will jump through hoops to help you.
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • poppy123456
    justdon said:
    Poppy can i send my submission along with my extra eveidence ?will they accept that ?
    Yes, you'll need to send it to the Tribunal and not to DWP. As advised, make sure you add your name, NI number and Tribunal reference number to everything you send.
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • poppy123456
    What do you mean the original claim was put in 1 year 3 months ago? Was that this claim or a different one?
  • [Deleted User]
  • Aimz2shine
    Aimz2shine Community member Posts: 19 Courageous
    @justdon, I wish you all the best in your endeavours. Unfortunately, the DWP puts up many roadblocks, hoping you'll take your lumps and go away. Fight on! You got this! ?
  • poppy123456
    I had to read the last comment a few times but i'm still confused.  It doesn't make sense to me that they have combined the 2nd claim with the first claim. Did you have that in writing?

If this claim matches the number on the first claim then what happened to the 2nd claim made in October, what was the decision on that?
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.