Pip report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip report

Nikx
Nikx Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi I recently went to a pip assessment and my report is full of lies. She’s stated I haven’t missed any hospital appointments lately due to not going out when I have actually missed 3. Also wrote my conditions down wrong and missed off medication she’s wrote the medication side effects under the wrong medication, and wrote my conditions down wrong so she clearly didn’t read my pip form or has no knowledge on my conditions . She also stated I went in the room alone and coped well she said my mother couldn’t accompany me because she had my daughter and the room weren’t big enough. It’s full of false information even writing I gained weight after my daughter was born in January this year when she was born last year and not in January lol! Pip report states no functional restrictions but my uc assessment report states significant functional restrictions in getting about and coping socially could this be used as evidence? Sorry to ramble on never applied for pip before and can’t believe all the lies. Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Have you had a decision yet? If not then have you added up those recommended points in the report? There will be dots that you need to look for, compare those against the PIP descriptors using the self test here http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

Once you've added them up it will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. You'll still need to wait for the decision to be made.

If it's not what you were expecting then you'll have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR. You should put that in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Avoid mention any lies or contradictions that may have been told in the report because DWP and Tribunal won't be interested in any of those. They will only be interested in where you think you score have scored those points.

Any complaints about the report should be sent to the health assessment providers.

There's no reason why you can't use the work capability assessment report but do remember that PIP is different and has different criteria to the work capability assessment.

Any evidence you have to support your claim should be sent with the MR letter. Don't expect them to contact anyone for evidence because it rarely happens.

Only 18% of MR decisions change so it's very likely you'll have to take it to Tribunal. Waiting times for this are huge across most of the country and lots of people are waiting in excess of 1 year for a hearing date. Appearing in person will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Nikx
    Thanks poppy I shall get some evidence together because I don’t think I got any points by looking at the report I haven’t had my decision yet 
  • poppy123456
    Did you do as i advised and look for the dots against the descriptors/activities? Don't just look at what's written, although there maybe contradictions it doesn't mean you haven't scored enough for an award. Use that link i posted above.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Nikx
    Yes I’ve had a look and I didn’t get any points
  • Derbymduck
    Derbymduck Community member Posts: 39 Courageous
    Nikx said:
    that's the criteria for scoring how eligible you are for pip hence why you haven't been awarded it
  • Nikx
    I should of scored points but she gave me none.
  • Derbymduck
    Derbymduck Community member Posts: 39 Courageous
    Nikx said:
    but you said you did the test and didn't get any points hence probably why you weren't awarded any points 
  • Nikx
    I copied the answers from my report in to that test to get the result. Wouldn’t of applied if I didn’t think I was eligible.
  • poppy123456

but you said you did the test and didn't get any points hence probably why you weren't awarded any points 
    If you read my advice, i did advise using the PIP self test to see what points were recommended.

@Nikx I'd advise you to have a read of this link, it will give you more of an understanding of the PIP descriptors and the crtieria.

• Nikx
    Thanks for your help poppy I’ll have a read of that 
  • Nikx
    Hi poppy was wondering if you could help.. I rang pip today to see if there was an update on my mr the lady told me they have sent it back to the health assessor with the new evidence supplied and I should get a decision next week. Is it normal to send it back to the people who done the assessment? 
  • poppy123456
    Sometimes they do send it back to the health assessment providers for a 2nd opinion but it doesn't mean anything at this stage. Hopefully it won't be too long before a decisions made on the MR. Good luck.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.