How is everyone doing today — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How is everyone doing today

Tammyjane33
Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
Ive had a lazy day today 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I've had a day of catching up with emails from throughout the week as we went on our honeymoon. Plus a cheeky nap as I'm still tired from all the travelling ? how are you feeling @Tammyjane33? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2019
    Hi @Tammyjane33 & @Ami2301 (with belated congratulations to you & your husband, & hope you thoroughly enjoyed your honeymoon!)

It must be lazy/sleepy Saturday as I had a catnap with my cat (well she's really still a kitten at 7 months old) this afternoon! She was abandoned with her brother & mum close to where I live 4 months ago....I think she's decided this is home.

Hope you enjoyed your lazy day Tammyjane; think we all need one every so often to re-charge our batteries.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you @chiarieds! It was lovely indeed :)

Bless her heart, what's her name?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    I had a active day today! Now watching Strictly with my daughter. Today I worked for three hours and then visited my son at the hospital. Now relaxing at home. Tomorrow we are going to church. It has been a difficult week. 
  • chiarieds
    Hi @Ami2301 Glad you had a lovely honeymoon.

She's called 'Shadow', as she follows me around (couldn't think of a name at first, then this became obvious)! Her brother went to the vets as 'Flossie', but came back as 'Monty.' He was also adopted by one of my neighbours who'd just lost their elderly cat.

I'm a total beginner as far as cats go; had thought about getting a rescue cat.....my son kept on saying a kitten would be better. The decision was taken away from me. Monty was picked up by a couple & Shadow was following them. My son & daughter-in-law saw her & they brought her around to me & she was plonked into my arms....it was love at first sight as far as I was concerned. Think she's OK with me too!
  • chiarieds
    @April2018mom So sorry to read about Logan on another thread. I hope he's better soon & can come home.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Morning. I`m doing my best to lift myself out of the gloom I was in recently.
    Got the f2f home assessment on Thursday....IF.....they dont cancel for a 3rd time. Fingers crossed.
  • RiyadBrown
    RiyadBrown Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    There is work pressure but I'm fine. 
  • April2018mom
    chiarieds said:
    @April2018mom So sorry to read about Logan on another thread. I hope he's better soon & can come home.
    Thank you. I messaged you. 
  • April2018mom
    I’m also stressed as I have now been given the huge task of finding a care home for my 46 year old cousin. I have no idea where to start looking and whittling down the options. What questions should I ask? How do I get information? I’m also looking at jobs in the area that involve animals preferably cats or children. 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m also stressed as I have now been given the huge task of finding a care home for my 46 year old cousin. I have no idea where to start looking and whittling down the options. What questions should I ask? How do I get information? I’m also looking at jobs in the area that involve animals preferably cats or children. 
    Hi, are you in UK or elsewhere? I ask as some of your terminology made me wonder if you are in USA?

It matters, as I imagine care home vary from country to country.

I had to find a care home for my mother in law some years back.

First question is......does he need nursing?  or
    has he got dementia care needs?
    does he have physical or mental problems?

What are the costs?
    Is he entitled to full help, or will he need to make a contribution?

All these things need to be addressed first.

Next, make a list of homes you feel fit his needs

Visit 2 or 3 yourself.

Make a short list and take him to see them

Hope this is helpful. You`re a very special cousin for caring so much.
    As regard jobs...is this for yourself?

Good luck xx

Brightness