PIP mandatory reconsideration success stories — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP mandatory reconsideration success stories

Derbymduck
Derbymduck Community member Posts: 39 Courageous
I'm curious to hear about anybody who has had success with a mandatory reconsideration after hearing about so many people having to go to the tribunal.

Comments

• saz11
    saz11 Community member Posts: 121 Pioneering
    edited September 2019
    @Derbymduck

Hi i have had two previous MR which were successful, last one being in July this year. After a pip review my DLA was stopped i appealed and won MR. My pip was stopped on the 20th May after review and MR decision was made on the 31st July with all money back dated to the date it was stopped (20th May) 

Hope this helps.
  • 1984cathy
    1984cathy Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    i went to a PIP last week and was refused the higher rate on the Daily Living Allowance.I got refused for my toilt requirements.I had prostate cancer in 2005 and got the all clear 5 years later.I had 37 sessions of radio theropy over 3 months .I was advised from my oncologist that by bowels would be erratic and she was correct.I told the tribunal that incontinence with myself and happens without me knowing even when asleep in bed.My pants at the front are always damp with urine and need to change 3 to 4 times a day.I was asked if i had  a commode and i said no,I was asked to see my doctor about one.Surely all these so called aids go against  all the activities,if you have these aids then they must think well it helps you so you dont  need any assistance because you can now carry out these activities.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    @1984cathy Hi, Unless you needed assistance to manage the incontinence then the most you could score for this activity is 2 points for needing an aid.

You would only score points for needing assistance here if you need assistance to help clean yourself after using the toilet. Or for assistance changing a stoma bag.

Where a claimant chooses not to use an aid or appliance which he or she could reasonably be expected to use and which would enable them to carry out the activity without prompting, supervision or assistance, descriptor B will be appropriate, they should not be awarded a higher descriptor if using an aid or appliance would remove the need for prompting, supervision or assistance.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Derbymduck. Welcome to Scope. 

This is a old thread on positive PIP stories. 

https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/45892/let-s-hear-some-success-stories

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.