suplimentary advice from an HP ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

suplimentary advice from an HP ?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 231 Pioneering
edited September 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Being unable to walk a certain distance is part of the mobility (moving around) activities and there's 2 mobility activities. They are not part of daily living activities, of which there are 10 activities for this.

Please read what it say again. Does it say you Can stand and then move more than 200 metres, either aided or unaided? if so that's zero points.

Can stand and then move more than 50 metres but no more than 200 metres, either aided or unaided, should have been 4 points.

However, if is was 4 points then i'm afraid that still wouldn't have been any award because that's mobility part and those points are not added to the daily living part to make an award.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No, all points are not added together. Daily living and mobility are separate and because of this those points wouldn't have made any difference, there still wouldn't have been any award.

For those mobility points, it seems like the decision maker didn't agree.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Do remember that PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors.

For your submission for the Tribunal you should state where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why and add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

I will also add that having some understanding of what the descriptors mean also helps. As you thought the mobility points were added to the daily living points then having a read of this link will definitely help. You'll have plenty of time to read it because waiting times for hearings are huge across most of the country.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.