Tribunal win, why no review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal win, why no review

cbrb7565
cbrb7565 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi,won our pip appeal last year but no review,what happens when they get back to you 14 weeks before award ends

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,905 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's never a review when the award was given by a Tribunal. 14 weeks before you'll be contacted by DWP and you'll need to fill out more PIP2 forms, return them with all your evidence to support your claim. You'll most likely have another face to face assessment because most people have them.

If no decision is made by the time your end date arrives the PIP will stop. Once a decision is made, if successfully awarded then you'll be backdated to the date it stopped.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cbrb7565
    Hi, thanks for replying,  what are Pip2 forms, please tell me they aren't the long forms as a renewal but nice and short like review forms
  • poppy123456
    No problem. I'm afraid they are the really long forms. However, even with the shorter review forms you really should always put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. There fore, all claims should be treated as a new claim by claimants.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • cbrb7565
    Yes I agree , will they still look at the previous award and evidence I have already submitted before proving assessor lied in his assessment report and that no points in award then 18 enhanced care and 20 in mobility at appeal .
  • poppy123456
    You can certainly send in the Tribunal decision letter for your current award, whether it will be used i have no idea. Relevant evidence should also be sent.

When you fill out those forms you should also add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. You can also ring DWP for an extra 14 days to return the form if you don't have enough time.
  • cbrb7565
    Thanks for the advise,I wouldn't of thought to send in tribunal decision letter as evidence but really great advise. If I have to have a f2f would you recommend recording the assessment, also I sent in lots of evidence from neurologist to oh and it still didn't make a difference.
  • poppy123456
    No problem. I've never personally recorded an assessment because i just usually concentrate on filling out the form with as much detail as possible and include all my evidence.

If you do decide to record the assessment you will need to contact the assessment centre before the assessment date to get permission and use the appropriate recording equipment CD or tape only, which must produce to identical copies. One of which you hand in at the end of the assessment.
  • cbrb7565
    Yeah I wonder why you don't get a review when you would from original award but odd! Like a punishment for winning maybe.
  • poppy123456
    edited October 2019
    Because you were awarded by a Tribunal and not DWP. To be honest like i said, it really makes no difference because all claims she be classed as a new claim anyway and the short review forms are very misleading for a lot of people. They think they can just state "no change" and move on.... if only things were that easy.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cbrb7565 and thank you for taking the time to share this with us all. @poppy123456, has given some great advice here, but please do let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. :)

I wish you the best of luck with your review!
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.