Upper tribunal last minute error in law advice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Upper tribunal last minute error in law advice

Options
Noor
Noor Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi
i haven’t been able to find appropriate legal advice for upper tribunal and I wanted to try myself to find error of law... would anybody be able to direct me to last minute legal advice? My child has noonans syndrome and she previously received higher mobility rate and now gets lower and I want to get it back to higher as she finds it more difficult than her peers to walk due to her mobility and weakness because of her syndrome
thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Is this for PIP or DLA? If you've already taken the decision to a first tier Tribunal and were refused then you'll have 1 month from the date of that decision to request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings. Once you receive these you'll have a further 1 month to find the error in law. If this isn't found then you won't be able to take it any further.

No one on an internet forum can give you any advice whether an error in law was made because no one knows anything about your case and we can't see any paper work.

This link will help you find an agency local to you for further expert advice. https://advicelocal.uk/

Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Noor and a warm welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear that you are having to take it to upper tribunal, I imagine it has been a long road to get to this point.

Unfortunately, Poppy is right in the fact that we are unable to provide much information at this stage. However, please do let us know how you get on and I hope we will be able to support you emotionally through this process.

Here is a link about upper tribunals which you may find helpful as a starting point.

I hope it all works out for you.
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.