Won our hearing for pip's what now? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won our hearing for pip's what now?

Lynn101
Lynn101 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
HI everyone , After 18 months an  adjournment due to the DWP not sending their paper work to the court and representing my wife alone ( she couldnt face another hearing due to anxiety ) The court awarded her the upper rate of pips in every respect . My question is how long does it normally take for it all to be sorted out ?  We have gone a long time without the car my wife really need and i am dreading to think it could take DWP months and months to sort it out after all weve been through already . All the best and thank you in advance  for any replies .

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lynn101 and congratulations on winning the appeal! That's great news and I am glad your wife will be able to get the support she needs. :)

Have you had the decision letter yet?

It often takes DWP 6-8 weeks to respond to the decision and get payments started. Back payments usually arrive separately from the regular payments.

I hope you are not waiting too long. :)
    Scope

• Lynn101
    Lynn101 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    @Chloe_Scope - hi we had an email to say the decision letter is in the post and should be here within 5 days . We are actually more concerned about getting the car back would  you have any idea how long that takes ? Thank you for the reply at least we know we will probably be in for a little wait .

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lynn101, once you get your award letter, I believe you start the process from scratch and place your order. So it would be much the same as when they did it originally. Waiting times really depend on what you've ordered and can sometimes take a few months.

I really hope it doesn't take you long and please do keep us updated. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.