Getting ready for Tribunal Hearing — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Getting ready for Tribunal Hearing

ebeneee
ebeneee Community member Posts: 87 Pioneering
edited September 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi Everyone,
Question for @poppy123456@mikehughesesq@wilko@Dave235@any member who has knowledge of what else i should be doing. 
My Question is CAB Advisor submit paperwork of what i was entitled to in 2014 and how my health has deteriated from then to now  what points i should have been awarded and completed a summary, CAB Advisor also sent over what  i had completed of all areas (daily living and mobility (moving around) and planning a journey) how i felt on a daily basis what i was able to do i gave examples, also sent over consultation paperwork from all who where and still are supporting me with health conditions, my question is should i be looking at where the evidence should be found ie evidence for issues with back gp completed documentation for capita page 677 ? im at a loss what i should be doing now, i just need to know that im covering all areas that nothing is missed, Thank you in advance

Comments

• ebeneee
     Hi Everyone,
    I should have included i was receiving P.I.P in 2014 and 2016 after a review in 2018, i lost daily living and  awarded standard mobility, even though my health has deteriated, and im no longer able to do the things i once was able to do, medical evidence was provided but all was ignored.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by "should i be looking for where evidence should be found" what evidence you send will depend what evidence you have. Letters from a GP aren't the best evidence to send because a GP rarely knows how your conditions affect you.

Information from the internet isn't classed as evidence and neither is future appointment dates.

Remember less is often more. Sending in huge amounts of evidence isn't always the best idea.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ebeneee
    Sorry@poppy123456, for not responding sooner, theres been a lot going on, i just want to make sure ive got everything covered, ive got the Assessors head on, trying to gather asmuch evidence needed, i have done what i can..just hope for the right decision, Thank you for all your help and support Poppy123456
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ebeneee I'm sorry to read that your problems have deteriorated, but that you have received help from a CAB advisor, & that you're having to unfortunately go through the Tribunal process.

As you say, you have done all you can, & I also hope that you get the right decision. However, consider a member of your Tribunal trawling through over 600 pages of 'evidence,' trying to find what's relevant to you. PIP is about how your problems/disability affect you, rather than any diagnoses you have. Please try to concentrate on that.
  • ebeneee
    Hi @chiarieds,
    Thanks for response, ive taken all on board.and leaving it now to be dealt with by the judge and panel, im quiet anxious
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ebeneee, sorry to hear this. I hope it goes well and please do keep us updated. :)
    Scope

• ebeneee
    Hi@Chloe_Scope, i will keep you up todate Tribunal is 9th Fingers  toes and all are crossed for a good outcome....God knows i need it . :smile:
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ebeneee I wish you well. All you have to do is answer questions honestly, & that will shine through. 

The only other thing I might add is that you need to describe if you can't do any activity 'reliably', i.e. safely, or you might need supervision, or someone to help by prompting you; if any activity is painful, or causes you pain later, or leaves you exhausted, or fatigued afterwards. Or if any activity takes you a long time to do (more than twice as long as a person without your problems might have).

You'll do fine.
  • ebeneee
    @chiarieds Thank you for all advice given , in submission i sent into the Tribunal i gave them examples of daily things that i try to do, and how i felt doing it,and how i felt after and if i needed support to complete the task, i intend to let the judge and panel know how my health affects me completing the simpliest  of task,what my life has become, i intend to talk the truth.   

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.