PIP appeal and needing someone to represent me — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP appeal and needing someone to represent me

Options
leo2015
leo2015 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited October 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi  I'm Leo2015 from kent . 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Leo2015 and welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • leo2015
    Options
    I'm visually impaired,    I'm very shy and dont have anyone to represent/support me with  PIP appeal . 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,181 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

When is your appeal hearing, have you had a date yet? This link may help you find what's local to you, start by looking for welfare rights or a law centre, both will represent. https://advicelocal.uk/

Even with representation you will still need to speak for yourself, the panel will want to hear from you how your conditions affect you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • leo2015
    Options
    Thank you for the link . No I dont have a hearing date yet. I've  only just started this part of the process ie appeal. Even though I'm not a confident person   I do understand that I would also have to speak at the appeal. Yes , the first thing I did was contact the law society in my area
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @leo2015 and a warm welcome to the community! I will add this to another board on the forum and I hope this helps to get more responses for you. :)
    Scope

• Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @leo2015

I'm in Kent too. I had an organisation called Centre for Independent Living Kent help me with my appeal.

You have to go through Kent Advocacy to get to CILK

The process if half way down this page...
    http://www.cilk.org.uk/services/independent-living-advocacy/
  • leo2015
    Options
    Hi to Chioe and Jurph .  Thank you so much for your help. I really appeciate it and I will deffinitly use the link . 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.