Home assessment - is this good or bad? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Home assessment - is this good or bad?

molly1961
molly1961 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
edited October 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Sorry I've not been on for a while ,but not been very good .I have just received my assessment date but they are coming to my home this I unusual people say dont is this good or bad ?.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It doesn't mean anything other than it's in the comfort of your own home, rather than having to attend one of their assessment centres. The process is still the same.

Good luck and don't forget to ring DWP a week after the assessment to request a copy of the report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @molly1961 this is not a bad thing at all :) I had a home assessment as it was much easier for my needs. The assessment went really well, sadly we don't hear much of the positive stories on the community. 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • molly1961
    Thankyou  been through this so many times with DLA doesn't get any easier xx
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Ami2301 said:
    Hi @molly1961 this is not a bad thing at all :) I had a home assessment as it was much easier for my needs. The assessment went really well, sadly we don't hear much of the positive stories on the community. 
    Hi, what was your outcome please?
  • molly1961
    Mine is on monday just makes my anxiety go through the roof x
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @molly1961, I really hope things go well for you on Monday. :)
    Scope

• molly1961
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    No problem! Please do let us know how you get on! :)
    Scope

• molly1961
    I dont have anyone to sit with me has everybody's working and cant take time off do you think I will be ok on my own ?x
  • poppy123456
    That will depend on how you feel. Some people need someone with the because of mental health reasons. Even those that don't suffer with mental health are anxious on the day of the assessment.

You can cancel the appointment, if you haven't already canceled one. Do be aware that if you do this you will have to go ahead with the next one and there's no guarantee that the next will be a home assessment. I've heard it happen before where people have cancel home assessments and the next one they've received is for an assessment centre.

If you're able to go through the assessment alone then maybe it will be better to just continue to get it over and done with. Good luck, whatever you decide.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    My f2f home assessment was Thursday. Woman was pleasant enough...but I felt like I`d been in front of a firing squad. Do you have a kind neighbour who could sit with you\?
  • molly1961
    Just had a phone call from her saying she will be at my house at nine in morning but I wont be dressed has I have to wait for my medication to kick in before I can get dressed that's about ten o'clock. My sister lives over the road .x
  • molly1961
    As anyone ever had a phone call from their pip asser before ?.
  • poppy123456
    If you never get dressed until later in the morning then that's what you should do on the day of the assessment. Yes, my daughter had a home assessment and the HCP rang me before he arrived to tell me how long he would be.
  • molly1961
    Thank you that helps a lot .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.