Any disabled homeowners here successfully received a Home Adaptation grant? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any disabled homeowners here successfully received a Home Adaptation grant?

diydaddy
diydaddy Community member Posts: 7 Listener
This would be for access improvements and maybe you got the finance from Disabled Facilities Grants (DFGs) and Housing Grants from your local authority. I can help with quick info on sources too. Interested to know of success stories.

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @diydaddy, I hope members will be able to share their experiences with you. :)
    Scope

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    I'm interested in this too
  • swilber
    swilber Community member Posts: 26 Courageous
    Hi I'm a shared owner, sharing with a housing association especially for disabled.  I have had 2 facility grants from my local council.  Bathroom alterations applied for myself and 3 yrs later my OT  applied for a ramp  outside,  door frame alteration of all doors  internal doors including 2 electric  doors and bedroom room alterations for my wheelchair.  Good luck  it is worth applying.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Thank you for sharing @swilber!
    Scope

• diydaddy
    Misscleo said:
    I'm interested in this too
    I do have a quick to read web page on it if you are interested. There are tons of info online but I set up a quick page that covers it.
  • diydaddy
    swilber said:
    Hi I'm a shared owner, sharing with a housing association especially for disabled.  I have had 2 facility grants from my local council.  Bathroom alterations applied for myself and 3 yrs later my OT  applied for a ramp  outside,  door frame alteration of all doors  internal doors including 2 electric  doors and bedroom room alterations for my wheelchair.  Good luck  it is worth applying.
    Good to hear that you had a successful experience and gained 2 grants from your local council. How fast was the application process?
  • diydaddy
    swilber said:
    Hi. I am interested to know what avenues you tried or was your local council the first and best option? which did you try from this list
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @swilber, how are you?

I was just wondering if you had anymore information for @diydaddy. :)
    Scope

Brightness