CHKD no longer dealing with assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

CHKD no longer dealing with assessment

melissahicking2019
melissahicking2019 Community member Posts: 131 Courageous
Hi again 

for those who know my long story involving a friend of mine whom I cared for until I became ill myself , and won an pip appeal with him only for the ESA to request that he attend a further assessment for his ESA claim. 

I again began to fight fight for my friend and request that they give us time to gather evidence and to send us a new form to complete

after a few emails and conversations they decided that they would allow my friend and myself more time to gather evidence and they also sent us a new claim form to complete but at the same time gave us a new date of the 15th of October to attend the assessment. So I gathered all the evidence I could and with help from my friends brother we completed the online form and printed it out as the website requested and that we had to send it back to whoever. 

Now the the reason I am back on this forum is because I don't know where I'm supposed to be sending this form and all the evidence and at first because of the appointment being set for the 15th October at the health advisory department I presumed it should be sent there

so I got a large envelope ready to find the address to send it to.

only to check my email to find another email from the assessment centre stating that my friend no longer needs to attend an assessment and the DWP Will be dealing with the decision and any evidence and the forms should be sent to them.

but in the meantime the DWP might just make a decision with the year old form and little evidence so I have to promptly send this form and evidence to the appropriate department at the DWP and I have no idea where to send it.

So could anybody provide me with an address to send the form and evidence and a contact number so I can get this delay with before they decide without the new for and evidence 

i would be very greatfull for any any help as this is all getting a little overwhelming and I just want it all to end as soon as possible

so thank you to anybody who offers any details

yours thankfully

melissa and friend

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The good news is that you can't be found fit for work without a face to face assessment and it seems like they have done a paper based assessment this time, which can happen.

Further evidence and the form can be sent but as the report has now been written and returned to DWP it maybe too late to send anything to them. They also rely heavily on the report and in most cases they go with it and award what's recommended in that report.

Of course you can still try to send what you have but you will need to ring ESA and ask them for the address because all areas are different. The number to ring is 0800 169 0310. While you're on the phone as for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to him and then ask if the decisions been made, if it has they will tell you, if it hasn't the report will give you some idea.

Fingers crossed there's nothing to worry about and he'll remain in the Support Group, which is what i would expect because he's already in that group.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • needhelp2019
    needhelp2019 Community member Posts: 23 Listener
    edited October 2019
    Thank you for your reply.

However i am very concerned  that whatever assessment they may have done in my friends absence is still using the OLD form from over a year ago and circumstances have changed greatly since then.

Also the NEW evidence needs to be presented with the NEW form that i have completed,

So for the DWP to do an assessment as is with the OLD data seems i little concerning as they could still refuse another ESA claim.

So i feel in is imperative for the DWP to have the new for mand the new evidence before making a decision otherwise if they make a wrong decision and take my friend off his ESA and ruin his claim, it will all of been because they neglected to allow me to send and provide them with form and documentation that we had discussed with the assessment personal.

So either-way for the assessment personal to have gone and forward the report without the new form after sending us a new form and requiring the new evidence and still going head and sending a report without the new evidence s as if they have just decided not to even bother waiting for the new evidence and form and to make a decision based on the old evidence. 

In which case weather my friend is again awarded esa or not, he still has been unfairly neglected a fair and up-to date assessment or evidential report.

So i still wish to send this evidence and form to the DWP

I think its only right. 

But at the same time i wouldn't want to upset the decision they may make now in favor of my friends claim even if based on the old form.

But i don-not want to risk my friend loosing his ESA because of this mess especially after the Health advisory center gave us a further extension ti supply further evidence and gave us a new form to fill in online. and i was under the impression at that point that they would then make a decision based on the NEW form and NEW evidence, but instead they have cancelled the October appointment altogether , and apparently made a decision without the NEW form or NEW evidence.

It all seems a little disconcerting and strange to me.

The only reason for them to do this would be if they are indeed offering a Positive assessment based on the evidence they had i.e THE OLD FORM AND EVIDENCE

But i would be very angry and upset and my friend would have serious grounds for an appeal i suppose if they where to refuse him his ESA after doing this .

So i just want to provide the evidence and form to have done our part in our defense just in case of the worst.

So please if anybody knows the address to send further evidence to the DWP for the ESA health advisory assessment please do let me know.

My friend lives in DERBYSHIRE if that helps.

P.S - I am no longer my friends carer or appointed person so i cannot go around making phone calls on his behalf and getting hold of him is difficult as he only comes to see me when he needs my help or if i catch him at his flat or if he answers his phone, If its on.

So until i get hold of him i cannot ring them up myself, But if i have the address i can send the form and evidence they should of used to assess my friend for his security at the least in case of a bad outcome based on the old evidence.

I hope this makes sense to you all.

Thank you.
  • needhelp2019
    1 last question.

Quote "The good news is that you can't be found fit for work without a face to face assessment and it seems like they have done a paper based assessment this time, which can happen."

How is it that my friend cannot be found fit for work if he has not had a face to face assessment,  when he first applied for PIP  refused PIP after a paper based assessment and i had to do the appeal for him, which they granted him in the end.

Does the ESA assessment deal with a different criteria or protocol .

can you explain a little more into this please.

thank you.
  • needhelp2019
    edited October 2019
    Please also see the email's i have received to begin with from the CHKD - as i dont want o be getting things mixed up in error.

R customer relations <Customer-relations@chdauk.co.uk>

Mon, Sep 23, 7:05 PM (11 days ago)

Hello Ms [removed by moderator]

Thank you for your email. As you are not registered as Mr [removed by moderator]’s appointee we are unable to provide you with specific information about his referral.

If you are able to send us the information to support a home visit by email we will be happy to forward this for review.

If [removed by moderator] wishes to complete another form with up to date information about his conditions he can either request a form from the office dealing with his claim or, if he has access to the internet, he can download and complete a form electronically from the DWP website - www.direct.gov.uk

regards

[removed by moderator]

Customer  Relations

--------------------------------------------------------------end

Tue, Sep 24, 2:41 PM (10 days ago)

Hello [removed by moderator]

Thank you for your further email.

I will, on this occasion, as our Appointment Helpdesk to cancel the appointment for the 26 September and ask them to rebook another appointment as far in advance as possible to allow time for Mr [removed by moderator] to complete a Questionnaire and provide us with supporting information from his GP which may enable us to provide advice to the DWP without the need for an assessment.

As previously advise, I cannot make any specific comments about Mr [removed by moderator]’s referral without his signed authorisation as you are not registered as his appointee.

Thank you

regards

[removed by moderator]

Customer  Relations

Thu, Sep 26, 12:35 PM (8 days ago)

Hello Ms [removed by moderator]

Thank you for your email.

Mr [removed by moderator]’s appointment is rebooked for 15 October. It is important that our Nottingham offices receive the information before then as we cannot rebook the appointment again I’m afraid.

regards

[removed by moderator]

Customer  Relations

Mon, Sep 30, 12:56 PM (4 days ago)

Good afternoon

Thank you for the information regarding Mr [removed by moderator]’s situation. It sounds very hard for bother you and Mr [removed by moderator]. You can as an alternative download the questionnaire directly from the internet, as follows;

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/631921/esa-50-capability-for-work-questionnaire.pdf

I hope this helps

Regards

[removed by moderator]

RE: [removed by moderator] CHKD

Inbox
    x

Thu, Oct 3, 10:55 PM (14 hours ago)

Hello [removed by moderator]

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that Mr [removed by moderator] does not need to attend the appointment on 15 October.

His referral with us is now closed and has been returned to the DWP office dealing with his claim.

If you wish to provide some supporting documentation please contact the DWP ESA Helpline on 0800 169 0310 to discuss how you can send the information to them as we do not need this information now.

I’m afraid we do not hold an email address for the office dealing with Mr [removed by moderator]’s claim but I am sure the helpline will be able to provide you with a postal address.

With regards to the decision on Mr [removed by moderator]’s claim, I should like to explain that decisions on benefit claims are made by DWP Decision Maker’s not CHDA.

Kind regards

[removed by moderator]

Customer  Relations

• poppy123456
    @needhelp2019 i'm confused, are you posting under a different user name to the first comment @melissahicking2019

Either way, you really should try to stop panicking. I know that's very difficult BUT as i advised, your friend can NOT be found fit for work because he's not had a face to face assessment and for ESA you can't be found fit for work when a paper based assessment has been carried out.

In my opinion a paper based assessment is a good thing here.

PIP and ESA are 2 completely different benefits with completely different criteria.

Please edit your comment above and remove your friends post code. This is a public forum and scope do not allow the use of personal information. I've reported your comment to admin so they can edit your comment.

If you still think you need to send the form and the extra evidence then i'm afraid you will still need to ring ESA and ask them, i can't tell you what the address is because all areas are different, only DWP can tell you where to send it. As i advised, it maybe too late because the decision may have already been made and if it hasn't then it could be made at anytime and sending letters to DWP can take up to 10 working days for it to be added to the computer.

Try to relax, i know it's very difficult but i'm sure everything will be just fine.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • needhelp2019
    Oh , just realized, im now signed into my friends brothers account, as i was helping him out too. Dont know how it switched me over to this account but it has done,  Anyway. Its still me if anybody knows the address. thanks.
  • poppy123456
    Oh , just realized, im now signed into my friends brothers account, as i was helping him out too. Dont know how it switched me over to this account but it has done,  Anyway. Its still me if anybody knows the address. thanks.
    I'm afraid all address are different and only DWP can tell you where you need to send the extra evidence to. As the report has now been returned to DWP it's there you need to send the extra evidence to, if you still think it needs to be sent.
  • needhelp2019
    Thanks poppy, i will try to grind my teeth, but im dreading having to go through more appeals , My own health is not helping either. I just want it to all be over.

At the same time though i really feel bad for my friend because he has nobody he trusts to help him and even his brothers are of little use really.

I just hope he gets the result he deserves and i can myself at least rest and deal with my own problems again. although the time will come where i will get that phone call or knock on the door again with a bundle of letters or any number of other reasons.

But thank you for all your help again. i will try and get hold of my friend and make the phone call. in the meantime i guess theirs little i can do.

But thank you again poppy.

have a great day too.

thanks again

Melissa.

P.S i will remove the postcode.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @melissahicking2019, as per our community guidelines. I've removed some personal information from your posts as this is a public forum.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. I totally understand how stressful everything this because i've been through it all myself, multiple times.

I can only tell you that the face to face assessment being cancel can only be a good thing. As your friend is unable to make calls for himself or manage his finances maybe someone should consider becoming his appointee, this way it will be so much less stressful because that person can just pick up the phone and ring their self.

Do let us know the outcome.
  • needhelp2019
    Yes , i used to be his appointee, but i am no longer appointed after they took him off the pip before we won the appeal, although i did not stop being his Carer so to speak and his appointed person, as i often sit with him while he makes the calls to whomever and ask's them if i can talk to them on his behalf.

But considering my own ill health (Stage 4 Kidney Disease) and the symptoms of medication and the fatigue and depression that all comes as part of the package i am also having problems of my own and although i will never close the door on my friend i have to limit what i can do for him, otherwise i am just going to be making my own ill health worse, especially when it comes to having to travel ect

The typing at the computer i don't mind and printing out documents ect and reading mail and things i can do from home i will do for him as much as i can but , the DWP system does not make things easy, as has been the case again with the ESA assessment, however fortunately i think that the DWP have finally realized that my friend is a genuine schizophrenic with many other problems and issues including the limitation of his clawed hand and dyslexia.

And i am hoping that the evidence they do have has at least proven this to them and that this will be the reason for the paper based assessment, Either-way i am going to find out where to send the NEW EVIDENCE and NEW FORM just to cover my friend in case they refuse him ESA.

Because it would make the DWP look very bad to have offered mt friend the opportunity to provide further evidence and a UP-TO DATE FORM only to then go ahead and make a decision based on a year old form without the NEW and UP-TO DATE evidence that they should of waited for before making a decision.

Anyway i am just going round in circles here chanting the same old lectures , so i shall thank you all very much for you help and advice and i will indeed inform you all of the outcome.

Yours gratefully.

Melissa & Friend.

• poppy123456
    You're very welcome, as always BUT they can't refuse him ESA and find him fit for work because he's had a paper based assessment.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.