A big thank you — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A big thank you

Options
jules13
jules13 Community member Posts: 63 Connected
I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone in the forum that has helped me, I had my appeal today for PIP and I won! I fact the judge advised me to re apply once I’ve received back pay as he believes I’m now due enhanced for both as it’s clear I’m worst, I never appealed all as my tribunal took 18months so back then it was enough for standard. He has even attached in my letter that he hasn’t added a length to award as he feels I should be on enhanced! Let’s hope they agree once I reapply! Amazing! Thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    Options
    That's great news, well done.

However, you can't reapply, it's will be a change of circumstances for a worsening condition. Even with the judges recommendations, You will be sent more forms to fill in, another face to face assessment will be needed because most people have them and you do risk losing everything you've already got. Of course you could be awarded a higher rate or it could stay the same.

May i ask how long your award is for?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news @jules13! Well done. 
  • jules13
    jules13 Community member Posts: 63 Connected
    Options
    My award runs out in April, the judge did say he was willing to extend it by 5years today, but he feels I should be on enhanced for both, he did say a very technical term (sorry I can’t remember it) he told my advocate to do it and gives permission for it to be done now? If I’m honest I’m just super happy I finally got what I was entitled to
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @jules13. That's great news! Thanks so much for sharing it with us and I'm glad the community was able to help you. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.