Finally DWP admitted errors and have apologised but..... - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Finally DWP admitted errors and have apologised but.....

2»

Comments

• Ranson
    Ranson Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Yes, it makes sense now. Thanks for explaining that and yikes that's a very long time to go without any money. Hopefully they won't keep you waiting  much longer for that LCWRA element to be paid from September.

Thanks Poppy I gave 75% of the money to my mum who had bailed me out for such a long time. At least I am in payment now at the higher rate (or any rate lol) but obviously it would be nice to get the additional from around September of last year as it seems am perfectly entitled to it

Out of interest and havent touched on it really here was the DWP excuses originally last year. In short they blamed the total failure on switching from the old UC payments under the work programme onto the "live" system under sick notes. They have apologised profusely I will acknowledge but I do wonder why it took my MP to get involved before someone reviewed the account in depth. Easy for a 3rd party to say how did it get that bad (appreciate you are not) but when you're fighting Cancer, ME, fused discs in spine plus the chronic Fibromlygia the fight goes completely out of you
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,822 Scope online community team
    Hi @Ranson, that's really interesting, I have been pondering this today and was going to ask whether you knew when your area went from "live" to "full service" and if your claim began back when you were only in "live service". 

It's rare, but sometimes when someone is awarded LCWRA, full service will only backdate for the duration the area was "full service", it could well be that the additional period (Sept/Oct) to end of Dec, your area was still "live service". The two systems don't communicate and from what you're saying, it sounds like the "live versus full service" is what has caused these problems.

Hopefully now they're aware of the issue they will get your account sorted out quickly, backdating everything that you are owed. 

Please keep in touch and let us know how this progresses.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ranson
    Hi @Ranson, that's really interesting, I have been pondering this today and was going to ask whether you knew when your area went from "live" to "full service" and if your claim began back when you were only in "live service". 

It's rare, but sometimes when someone is awarded LCWRA, full service will only backdate for the duration the area was "full service", it could well be that the additional period (Sept/Oct) to end of Dec, your area was still "live service". The two systems don't communicate and from what you're saying, it sounds like the "live versus full service" is what has caused these problems.

Hopefully now they're aware of the issue they will get your account sorted out quickly, backdating everything that you are owed. 

Please keep in touch and let us know how this progresses.
    Hi Adrian

Yes I will do of course
  • Ranson
    Just to update from before have got absolutely nowhere via Journal and via telephone. They are completely confused on the phone its clear its the switchover from the old system to the new thats causing the issues again.
     I have today sent a physical letter recorded plus an email to a contact I had from December, plus one further journal entry choosing "service" this time instead of work coach or one of the other options that I previously used
    How can this be so difficult lol
  • Ranson
    I've got absolutely nowhere with this. The system cannot recognise the backdated period that was missing.....they are stating the 3 month waiting period which I fully understand started from a much later date than the accepted sick notes dictate....
    I dont know what to do here now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Expert face to face advice is definitely needed here. This link will help you find what's in your area. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ranson
    Expert face to face advice is definitely needed here. This link will help you find what's in your area. https://advicelocal.uk/

Thank you Poppy.....whats so frustrating is that I can see where the error is but the DWP are opening my "account" and the screen is telling them the claim is actually from a later date. The crossover in the system is 99.99% to blame here.
    The DWP are looking at a screen (fair enough) telling them a wrong date to apply the higher payments from. Thats "all" is thats wrong here. So frustrating trying to get the point across

• Ranson
    Have just spent another half hour compiling a journal entry in a "simple" format that even a 5 year old could understand but obviously not in a way to cause offence to them.
    I can honestly understand how people commit suicide over these things.
  • Ranson
    Can someone who is certain of the correct answer (or as certain as you can be) please respond to this question.

"When you are awarded the higher rate payment as I have through sickness (thats not in doubt) does the 3 month  "waiting period" start from the very 1st day that a sick note was originally provided OR from a date that the DWP decide...."  ??
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    It starts from when you sent in your first fit note and payments then start on the 4th month of your claim, if you weren't previously claiming ESA assessment rate.  See link and scroll down to waiting period. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Universal_Credit_Work_Capability_Assessment

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ranson
    Right thank you. I didnt want to "lead" with my question as such. So in my case the DWP have ignored your correct statement and decided on an arbitrary date instead. I cant put it any other way and I'm knocking my head against a brick wall.

• Ranson
    Hart86 said:
    This is definitely a live to full service problem and sounds like they’re not accounting for the time you were handing in sick notes while under live service!! It’s probably inactive but if you still have anything from when you applied and the live service number it’s them you will need to speak to about having your sick notes from back then recognised and passed over to full service. It’s absolutely ridiculous the two services didn’t talk and reading all the problems it has caused you it’s had something pretty horrific consequences to people’s claims!!! 

Its exactly that I agree. The system is simply seeing a different date that sick notes started. Its no more than that. Appreciate Poppys link above for additional help but unless I can get someone to actually get into the old system am stuffed.....They have fully acknowledged all the sick notes (previously) on 2 occasions which makes this all the more farcical
  • Ranson
    I thought I'd update this because I received a general email from Scope.
    In short I never got the money. The DWP moved goalpost after goalpost after goalpost each time making ludicrous demands (for example proof of sicknotes which they had received at least 10 times previously etc etc)
    Everytime something was satisfied something else was then asked for. The MP has never seen a case like it (his words) but I've given up completely. Its just making me more ill and the danger is they stop ongoing payments out of spite or whatever if we carry on clearly agitating them
    Just unreal but pretty sure I wont be the only one in that position

• Ranson
    I should add that I'm referring to the higher rate payment that should be backdated apart from first 3 months. Normal payments including higher rate are being paid currently
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,822 Scope online community team
    I'm so sorry you've not been able to get this sorted @Ranson. Has your MP not been able to make any headway? Your GP surgery should be able to provide you with copies of all of your fit notes if that helps at all. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.