PipHome assessment got text this morning — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PipHome assessment got text this morning

Options
Steven012
Steven012 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
hi so I had a home assessment the other day and I just got a txt msg from pip saying 
We've received the written report of your PIP assessment. We will write to you once we've made a decision on your PIP. As a guide you should hear from us within 6 weeks. You don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us have changed. Sounds a bit quick is this bad news my anxiety is not good at the moment 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Steven012, and a warm welcome to the community! 

Don't worry about posting twice, I have removed it.

The text you have received will be an automated one which is sent to everyone, there's nothing to worry about. If you would like to have a copy of the assessment report then you can ring and ask to be sent it.

This will give you an idea about what points the assessor has given you. It is rare that they go against this.

I wish you the best of luck and please do let us know how you get on. :)

Scope

• Steven012
    Options
    Hi ? thanks I will keep posted I just thought it was very quick that I got a message from them in 48hrs 
  • phoenix46
    phoenix46 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Options
    Good luck steven012. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,013 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Sometimes the report is returned to DWP on the same day as the assessment. It doesn't mean anything other than the HCP finished the report and returned.

As advised, give them a ring to request a copy for yourself then you'll have some idea what the decision will be.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Steven012
    Options
    Thanks will give call tomorrow not hoping for a positive out come as I have had to appeal in the past to the tribunal 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    How did the phonecall go @Steven012?
    Scope

• Steven012
    Options
    Phoned yesterday and they said they will send my report out in 10days 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Steven012
    Options
    So got the report don’t really understand it ? One part it says based on the climants likely future circumstances it would be appropriate to review the claim in 15 months ??‍♂️
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    does that mean you have to go through it all again in 15 months? Oh my word!
  • Steven012
    Options
    I don’t know ??‍♂️ Don’t know if I’ll get it think I’ll need to wait for the decision letter 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You need to look for the dots in the report and compare them against the PIP descriptors. Doing this you'll be able to see if there's been any points recommended for an award. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf

A recommendation of a review in 15 months doesn't mean you'll successfully be awarded.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Steven012
    Options
    Scored 8 points but didn’t get any points for managing my oxygen which I can’t do! 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Steven012 said:
    Scored 8 points but didn’t get any points for managing my oxygen which I can’t do! 
    Is that 8 points for just daily living or mobility? Or is that 8 points shared between daily living and mobility?

How many points do you think you should have scored for activity 3 managing and monitoring a health condition?
  • Steven012
    Options
    8 for daily living should have got at least 6 for managing treatments I suffer from chronic cluster headaches 
  • poppy123456
    edited October 2019
    Options
    “Therapy” is legally defined and means therapy to be undertaken at home which is prescribed or recommended by a—
    (a) registered –
    (i) doctor;
    (ii) nurse; or
    (iii) pharmacist; or
    (b) health professional regulated by the Health Professions Council, but does not include taking or applying, or otherwise receiving or administering, medication (whether orally, topically or by any other means), or any action which falls within the definition of “monitor a health condition.

You need to show that the use of the oxygen meets this definition, which could be difficult. If it's seen as taking pain killers for example then you won't score anymore than 1 point.

Have a read of this link, it will give you more understanding of the PIP descriptors and what they mean.

• Steven012
    Options
    Thanks :) as I always get attacks during early hours in the morning wakes me from sleep ?  with the severe pain I am always tired and when I am on the oxygen i need to be supervised incase I fall back to sleep as it’s non rebreathable oxygen mask and if the rank runs out I’ll suffocate 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    Hi @Steven012, thank you for sharing this with us and I'm sorry to hear you have not been awarded the points you thought you would receive. They do tend to go with the report, but you will have to wait for the official decision before you can appeal.

Here is some information about a mandatory reconsideration, but please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Also, look carefully at the information that Poppy has provided as this is the criteria that you'll be assessed on.
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.