My first Pip Payment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My first Pip Payment

RobMc
RobMc Community member Posts: 11 Connected
I recently got awarded PIP, and was backpaid on the 18th of September, for the period between the 19th June 2019 and the 11th of September 2019 and my letter says we will then pay your benefits every 4 weeks in arrears, so are the 4 weeks being counted from the 11th of September or the 18th of September?

Thanks guys :) 

Comments

• tinka1992
    tinka1992 Community member Posts: 97 Connected
    On the 11th I think as I got mine on 27th Aug got a payment on 17th sep 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Your next payment should be 9th October, then every 4 weeks after that, paid on a Wednesday.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    It should say further down the letter when your first payment will be.

I'd assume 4 weeks from the 11th 
  • Jurph
    So the 9th October 
  • Jurph
    Sorry! Just seen this was answered on a duplicate post.
  • RobMc
    RobMc Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    I'll wait and see if that's the case, also it's 4 weeks on a Thursday, not Wednesday :) so it'll either be this Thursday or next Thursday. Either way thanks guys
  • clare_1
    clare_1 Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    I used to get payed my PIP every 4 weeks on a Monday.
    Congratulations on getting awarded PIP btw
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,911 Disability Gamechanger
    RobMc said:
    I'll wait and see if that's the case, also it's 4 weeks on a Thursday, not Wednesday :) so it'll either be this Thursday or next Thursday. Either way thanks guys
    Payment on a Thursday would make sense because your backdated money included the date 11th September, so you count 4 weeks from the following day. Payment should be this Thursday.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Hi @RobMc, I've removed the duplicate posts for you. Great news on the award! :)

Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.