PIP letter lost. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP letter lost.

Options
herroabii
herroabii Community member Posts: 20 Connected
Hi, I am new here so sorry if this has been answered I couldn't find similar to me that has been answered recently.
I'm 24 I've been on pIP since it was introduced. 
I have
- adhesions
- chronic spontaneous urticaria/angiodema with known triggers to be heat, cold, water, stress, anxiety and tight clothes
- gastritis
-reflux
- unknown malabsorptions
- bile salt malabsorption
- intestinal damage
-ibs
-anxiety
-agoraphobia
- hayfever/eczema/asthma severe
- possible endometriosis - will never be diagnosed as they have to apparently cut in to see which would leave worse adhesions etc.
I have a carer paid for by social services. She helps me
- prepare food and eat
- sort my medications
-make sure I'm clean
- helps me pay bills
- has to be outside with me for a few reasons. I could collapse, have allergies, if I am severely anxious I can be abusive and she helps stop retaliation,
- takes me to my hospital appointments ( 3 a week until January) 
- helps me manage my bowel issues
Basically everything in my care plan pretty much had a section for each PIP section. I sent my forms off the day I got them as I'd all prepared all my evidence 4 weeks ago. I have now been told theyre lost. So I resent them cost me around £8 but they are there, tracked signed and before 1pm. PIP have told me over the phone this only means they've reached Wolverhampton which is of no use to them as it needs to be on their system by the 17th of this month. Eh???? How is that my problem?? I've been to citizens advice, they told me I should be entitled to all both elements at a higher rate from my evidence, but that's no good to me if they are saying they're not receiving it! I live in the north and my carer offered to DRIVE to Wolverhampton to physically give them a copy and they said no. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm terrified my pip will stop now. I'm due a payment just after their end date they gave me on my form and they're saying it's my problem they don't scan them on quick enough? Surely that's not right.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi when I sent my review forms I rang to check they had been received and was told they were not showing on the system but that they were probably in process and there was about 3 week backlog scanning onto system so they extended the due date. No issues and was very helpful. I then rang 2 weeks later and they had been scanned and forwarded to decision maker. This was all in september 
  • herroabii
    herroabii Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    Options
    Mine was a change of circumstances due to me now being on medication and being able to leave the home ( previously housebound ) but only with support. The way she worded it on the phone was just because I can prove its arrived is no good it needs to be on their system or I don't get paid. She was not helpful. I thought my due date was extended but received a letter saying I only have until the 17th, which is the date from my first, lost, form. 
    I don't know if anyone knows of anyone that would be of use for me to call as I don't see how it's my fault if it's not scanned? I can prove who signed it the exact time etc
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ring them again you might get someone more helpful this time 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @herroabii, welcome to the community. :)

Were you able to get through to someone else?
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.