ESA Appeal! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA Appeal!

sad
sad Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello everyone 

I've just counted 15 emails from this forum saying I should make a thread so here goes (I'll keep it as short as possible).

I've been on ESA for many years.

In November 2018 I had an ESA assessment and scored 0 points (as usual it was full of lies).

I also failed the mandatory reconsideration and then the tribunal. 

I then found error of law and requested to have it seen by the upper tribunal. 

A district judge has looked at it before it went to the tribunal and has agreed with there being error of law and requested it to be looked at again by the first tier tribunal. 

While going through all this I have had an assessment for PIP and am now on standard rate for both Dailey living and mobility. 

Do you think this will help in any way with the first tier tribunal decision? 

Comments

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations on pip award! Not sure about esa but you say you may have s case so good luck! ?? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news on the PIP award. I'm afraid the PIP award won't help your ESA claim because they are different benefits with different criteria and the PIP award was after you were found fit for work for ESA. The Tribunal will only take into consideration what you were like when the original decision was made.

Good luck with the ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sad
    sad Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thanks for the replies 

I ask because the letter I recived from the district judge asks me to send in any pip information if applicable. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @sad. Glad to hear your PIP was awarded. 
    It can't hurt to send the PIP info along, especially if the judge has asked for it. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.