Benefits — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benefits

maxtate
maxtate Community member Posts: 4 Listener
PIP increase from standard mob to enhanced and still on standard DL due to MS was ESA premium removed so I am worse of how can this be?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Are you talking about the severe disability premium? If so then do you still live alone or classed as living alone and does anyone claim carers allowance for looking after you?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • maxtate
    Live on my own and no change to my circumstances except moving from standard to enhanced for mobility,, still on standard rate for daily living. Am looking to get moved to supported living as at risk of falls as once I go down I can’t get back up unaided.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    You will need to ring ESA and ask why the SDP has stopped.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Joanne_Alumni
    Joanne_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 188 Pioneering
    Hi @maxtate,

Did you manage to contact ESA to find out why your SDP has stopped? Given what you have said it sounds like you should still be getting this and you are losing out on a significant amount of money if you are entitled to it.
    Please get in touch if you have any further questions about this.
    Joanne 
    Scope
  • maxtate
    Ringing them tomorrow as been a little poorly of late.. thank you 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope you manage to get through to them today @maxtate and that you are feeling okay this morning. :)
    Scope

• mac1976
    mac1976 Community member Posts: 63 Listener
    Hi I’m new to this. I know your discussion is not about pip. Ive been on DLA for 16 years. Epileptic for 30 years. I’ve had a letter telling me I have to apply for pip. I’m just so worried about the assessment side. If I walk in to a Assesment they will think the is nothing wrong with me. I’m losing sleep over it. I’m staring to wonder if not to apply at all. The is so much bad press about pip and epilepsy. 
  • maxtate
    Make sure you apply and it’s not all about the physical side of your condition as they need to consider safety. They will look at the type of seizures ie do you get a warning, can you put yourself in a safe place, what’s the recovery period etc. Only know this as I know a few people who work for PIP. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.