Unfair treatment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Unfair treatment

Options
concerned
concerned Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello I am on limited capability for work ,currently waiting for my appeal date for PIP.I suffer from major trauma caused by abuse which includes domestic abuse and discrimination at work due to my nationality.Been told by my therapist I would be in and out of therapy for the rest of my life.The solicitor from CAB wrote in her letter which supports my case with the PIP appeal that they should decide if I am entitled to enhanced rate of daily living because of the way my severe chronic depression and anxiety affects me.Problem is DWP did not only have an assessor lie against me in the PIP assessment but they consider it is somehow fit to have a work coach to call me every single month as if I would ever go back to work.That puts an enormous amount of stress on me as soon I have to go to my annual work capability assessment and I wanna ask the assessor why am I still being called every month and my work coach told me it is up to the assessors to decide if calls will stop.Not just worried but disgusted by DWP really.

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,937 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @concerned and a warm welcome to the community. 
    This sounds really stressful and I'm sure many of us can relate to your frustration at the assessment process. Are you currently on LCW or LCWRA? I only ask as if it's the latter, you probably shouldn't have a work coach. 

Best of luck with the PIP appeal. I'm glad to read you have CAB supporting you with it. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • concerned
    Options
    LCW but really should be on the other one as I will mention to my next assessment
  • concerned
    Options
    Thank you very much for your answer though all the best
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @concerned   Please to meet you.  Sorry to here what you are going through.

Please can I ask are you receiving any support for your mental health.? Could be useful something to consider.

I used this mental health charity last time.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

You could get help with floating support or an outreach worker. Guidance, advice and information on your well being also your benefit situation.

Can help with assessments and form filling in.

Might not be in all areas.

Wish you well.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • concerned
    Options
    I receive therapy via Let s Talk thank you for your concern

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.