ADHD support — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ADHD support

Options
CheshireMum
CheshireMum Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Im currently going through the process of getting both my children 6 & 9 assessed for ADHD. Are there any parent support groups i can go to, there seems to be a lot for ASD but not ADHD? Often I feel very alone.

Also my hubby has realised during this journey that he also has ADHD. He is going to approach his GP to start the ball rolling. Is there any local support for Adults with ADHD, as he is apprehensive about medication and wants more information/support ? 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @CheshireMum and a warm welcome to the community! How are you doing? I imagine there is quite a lot going on all at once.

Whereabouts are you based? I can try and find some more local support for you.

The ADHD Foundation support children, adults and parents so this may be a valuable resource to look at. They also have a range of events which you might be interested in attending.

Also, here is a list of ADHD support groups you may find useful.

Finally, here are a list of helplines if you felt it would be beneficial to talk to someone.

Please do let us know how you get on and if there is anything else we can do to help. :)
    Scope

• CheshireMum
    CheshireMum Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks Chloe, I'm based in Neston, Cheshire. I'll look at the links you've mentioned. 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @CheshireMum and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear of your family's health struggles and am sure you will find the information @Chloe_Scope has given you to be helpful.  Let us know how you are getting on.  We are all here to support you on the Community do please don't feel as though you have to struggle on alone.  If there is anything further we can help you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @CheshireMum, how are you getting on?
    Scope

Brightness