Tribunal.......im confused.com — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal.......im confused.com

ebeneee
ebeneee Community member Posts: 87 Pioneering
Hi Everyone especially aimed @poppy123456 @mikehughesesq@david2345@anyone who can give advice on the following,Ive had a morning from hell i had tribunal this morning  lasted just over 2 hours, i was informed when i went into the room that the judge and panel was going to look at the whole appeal, that means look at my whole claim again, i thaught this happened when they looked at your claim they adjourned it and made you aware that you might loose what youve got already? Im not a liar and i was made to feel like a criminal this morning, i was stressed out just the thaught of going there, Doctors report , consultants reports, physiotherapists report, social worker report, support worker report,  they will have to go through all of them, i feel that when your appearing infront of a judge and panel there should  be professional at all times, hearing  snide remarks from the judge made me feel very uncomfortable, i will get notification friday saturday of decision, i just dont feel good about this, any advice would be greatly received Thank you in advance.

Comments

• ebeneee
     i forgot to say that I even bought in my MRI Scans/xray to prove regarding Health Condition
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi again @ebeneee I'm so sorry to read that you feel your tribunal didn't go well, as I know you've been worried about it. I'm unsure as to what advice I might give, as there's nothing more you can do; just await their decision. 

Sorry you've had a horrible morning, & that it took so long, but they're just trying to find out how your disability affects you.The panel do sometimes warn you that you may lose any award you have before they decide.

Please let us know what decision you receive, & know, whatever the outcome, that you will be believed here & supported too.

• ebeneee
    Hi@chiarieds,
    Thank you for response i was told when i got in the room where judge and panel were sat that they was going through everything, no warning Chiarieds, does this usually happen? ive got nothing to hide when asked questions i was honest...................im now restless waiting on their decision, i thank everyone in the Scope Forum whose found time to support me for the past year with advice greatly appreciate and which ive taken on board.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ebeneee Sorry, perhaps I read you wrongly. My understanding is that the tribunal members do indeed look at your case afresh. Sometimes you're given a warning that you may lose any/part of an award you may already have, so that you can say you don't want to proceed further. If you weren't given a warning, my apologies for misunderstanding.

I know you would have been completely honest, & hope you get the award you feel correct.
  • ebeneee
    Hi @chiarieds, no need to say sorry, i should of made this more clearer for you and  others who are reading  to understand  my mistake. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's perfectly normal for them to look through everything. They will always give a warning if they plan on lowering or removing an existing award.

You should receive the decision letter within a couple of days.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ebeneee
    Thank you@Poppy123456
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited October 2019
    Hi @ebeneee. I'm sorry you feel it didn't go well. It sounds like the experience was very difficult for you and I'm sorry that the judge made you feel uncomfortable. 

At the moment, there isn't much you can do aside from wait for the outcome. Hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow so you're not left waiting too long. Please let us know how you get on.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • ebeneee
    Hi@Adrian_Scope,@poppy123456ut
    Thank you for responding  to my post.............im in shock with the way the whole process began and finished, 
  • ebeneee
    Sorry @poppy123456 i deleted other comment i was going  to to make writing and sending a post can be it is difficult if you dont check, seems to want to do its own thing.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Have you had any news @ebeneee?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • ebeneee
    Hi Everyone,
    Thank you all for support@poppy23456@Adrian_Scope@chiarieds@all the ones whose found time for me to give encouragement, Theres a saying follow your gut instinct ! If you feel somethings wrong.....your right, , i got 3 phone calls to make sure i was coming to the hearing and 4 text to remind me of the hearing i ust thaught somethings really wrong here stroke 1 from i got to the room and the clerk came in and she spoke and asked my name, and informed me that it was going to be a two hour hearing Strike 2, i burst into tears and she had a smirk on her face, i knew that i was going into the lions den, from i walked into the court room or tribunal room, i was told they was going to look at the whole thing again, that means me loosing my points BUT THEY DIDNT WARN ME OF THIS loosing my points so i could get the chance to change my mind................strike 3, all through the hearing i was rushed to give answers, while i was giving answers i was been ridiculed BY THE JUDGE, you wouldnt beleive it strike 4 , there was a comment made for the panel to hear who was a disability anylist and doctor could hear, when my sister who was my support stepped out of the room as she was in so much pain on the day, oh your sister supports you yeah right BY THE JUDGE strike 5, i needed to go to the toilet, but i should have stayed there and wet myself, as the judge was the one who got up smartly dressed looking at his footwear he wore a pair of motor bike boots that did not go with what he was wearing (something i would wear in my back garden to dig up dirt, if i could go outside to dig up the weeding i would be a happy person), came out showed me where they was and watched me struggle to walk and stop, to catch my breath, after a few minutes i walked back and he informed the panel i walked 90 metres straight, strike 6 i should have stayed there and wet myself, i felt like i was in kangaroo court, 2 hours of questions humilulating myself, to a judge who had it in for me, from the get go, at one point he said when you come back to court i said to him so im coiming back to cour he said no i was just saying yeah right strike 7, he would switch off the recording and pass comments that was uncalled for, i was asked at the end if i had anything to say, i was in shock as i couldnt beleive this was happening, IT WAS A JUDGE who was saying these things ..what could i do?, i got the envelope today it wasnt a brown one but a white one, they took my points away, I cried like a baby.....at one point i was suicidal, now the question is do i go to the upper tribunal with errot in law..........what is it.......................IM TOTALLY LOST
  • ebeneee
    its a waste of time for me to take it to the upper tribunal.because whose going to beleive me really?
  • ebeneee
    Good luck to all those who are fighting their appeal 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    Hi @ebeneee, I am so sorry to hear it didn't go well and that you didn't feel listened too, this must have been incredibly difficult!

How are you feeling at the moment? I'm worried about your mental health as you mentioned feeling suicidal.

It is completely up to you if you do go to upper tribunal, and the community will support you whatever your decision.

Here is some information which may help your decision. 
    Scope

• ebeneee
    Hi@Chloe_Scope,
    Thank you for message, im sorry it taken me this long to rspond to your message, i had to take some time out when i have been honest all the way through, regarding my medical issues, and there is quite a bit, how it affects me on a daily basis what support i have frrom sister who is sick herself and another sister who has issues of  her own we seem to all have cervical sonylosis of neck spine and lumbar mine been recently diagnosed even though im the eldest out of the three of us, you see with government cut back, the support i had last year the government funding ran out last year late, they was very supportive so i have to rely on partner and relatives, 73% it stated that if you appear yourself for the tribunal your in better chance of winning your tribunal, so i took pain releif to get me to the tribunal this all went against me no body knows how hard it was for to get there claustraphobia, Agraphobia anxiety issues and the feeling of been trapped, i was asked why are you getting support, why was you getting so much support from you made it here, i was cruelly examined for everything and riduculled in the process, i was made to look like a liar, i was honest about everything, everything i said they turned it around, it was a hopeles case from i walked into the room  they had already made up their mind, they was targeting the mobility conpoment as i only needed two for the enhanced, , i heard throught the grape vine they are trying to get rid of the pip i dont know how true that is, i lost points in areas that are going to be hard to get, i feel done by the system i have no faith anymore in anybody, the played  along with my mental health state, that made me question myself, a week has gone by Chloe still feeling low and suicidal i have contacted mental health team and my GP about how im feeling medication has been upped if there such a word, and with pain releif i seem to sleep more, Thank you Chloe for caring...............  i just  dont understand why this has happened regarding pip tribunal  i waited 14 months for this to be humilulated  i dont think i was treated fair..................ive been honest all the way through.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ebeneee and thank you for reaching out as I know that isn't easy. I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling low and that this has had such a big impact on you.

You are a valued member of the community and we really do appreciate you.

I am glad you felt able to contact the mental health team and your GP. I hope you continue to be able to sleep more. It's important that you continue to be in touch with them if things don't improve or get worse.

It's really important that you speak to someone who's qualified to help you when this is need. If these feelings continue, please give Samaritans a call on 116 123, or email them at jo@samaritans.org. And of course, if you feel like you might be in any immediate danger, don't hesitate to call 999 or go to your nearest hospital.

There is also SHOUT which is a crisis text line within the UK. They are available 24/7 can be reached if you text Shout to 85258.

I hope you have a relaxing evening and the medication continues to help.
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.