DWP OVERTURNING PIP DECISION — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP OVERTURNING PIP DECISION

Pet
Pet Community member Posts: 16 Listener
I have sent in many letters of extra evidence to support my PIP tribunal hearing which I have been told is a long way off.
What is the chance of getting the original decision overturned before the hearing if my MP sends a letter to support my claim

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @Pet, it's good to hear that your MP is or has offered to send a letter of support to try and help you win your Pip award. But personally I don't think your MP knows you or how your health concerns impact on your daily life to make a difference. He or she has only the information that you have given them. It's like sending in a 500 signature petition how many who sjgned it know you. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Pet, it's great that you have the MP's backing, but like @wilko has said, it may be hard for them have a strong case as they don't know how your condition affects you daily.

Have you had any face to face advice about your claim? AdviceLocal will show you which advice centres are local to you. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.