sending MR notice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

sending MR notice

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 231 Pioneering
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @justdon I'm sorry to read how submitting all the evidence for your tribunal has made you feel.

You have remembered correctly. You definitely must include a full copy of your Mandatory Reconsideration letter if you're appealing to a tribunal, which is why you received 2 copies of these.

Please look further on this website to confirm this under 'Advice and support,' then 'Online advice and support,' then 'Benefits,' 'PIP,' then 'Challenging A Benefits Decision,' scrolling down to the Tribunal information.
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I haven't sent mine either, I thought sending the extra copy was only necessary if you posted the appeal?  I also did mine online... :/
  • [Deleted User]
  • KnobblyKnees
    KnobblyKnees Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    Glad I spotted this post. Having just submitted my first claim for PIP I can see I am going to have an uphill battle with reams of paperwork to fill out, jobsworths to plead with and "the computer says no" emotionally bereft automatons. Best of luck to you all.
  • jannyb
    jannyb Community member Posts: 39 Courageous
    When I submitted my appeal online it didn't ask for copy of mandatory decision and it was limited on how much I could upload so I just posted the copy to them separately 
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • chiarieds
    @justdon Since they ask for a full copy, then send in all the pages of your Mandatory Reconsideration letter. You should have received 2 copies of this, so just post one of them (not scanned pages) by recorded delivery as suggested under 'Tribunal information' on this website.
  • jannyb
    justdon said:
    @jannyb thankyou :-)
    Yup im just going to send it seperately too ..nothing to lose i guess ..they have already had 4 emails from me !??

No problem..posted items take a while to be scanned into their system unless it was just my area lol they told me roughly 14 days for items to show as received in the system
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • jannyb
    justdon said:
    @jannyb Thankyou ..bloody hope they get it in time then since they rushed the first tribunal so quickly i had no time to do anything and had to postpone ?? apparantly the wait again wont be too long ..seriously dont get the Dwps behaviour at all ...mind boggling!
    If you ring the courts they can give you rough idea of waiting time. When I did mine Birmingham was 52 weeks . But luckily dwp changed my award so the tribunal won't be going ahead
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    justdon said:
    Hi :-)
    Unfortunatley unless we are "able" to source information from places like this and even remember or think about these things ..no one else is gonna tell us ..this is how they set the system up to be such a horrendous nightmare for people .
    Its totally disgusting and unjust.
    The DWP should send a simple understandable fact sheet out with their "bumph" on the very first page,
    Explaining "how" to do this all properly with clearly written step by step instructions.
    But obviously i would be totally away with the faries to hope for anything like that from them.
    How far into the process are you love?
    And how are you feeling about it all ?
    We need to just wait and see if anyone replies here and then hopefully it wont be too late for either of us to get that copy in :-)

I agree, they seem to make these processes overly complicated...I'm usually pretty good with paperwork and online forms too!!   

I sent my appeal online 2 weeks ago (I think!) and got an immediate confirmation email but haven't heard anything else since.  I'm not really sure how long the 'bundle' takes to arrive and have been wondering about that this week...  When the bundle does arrive, I'll send the extra evidence (that I still haven't got yet!) plus a more detailed 'full' appeal letter to wherever it says.  I've been taking advice from various people both on here and on elsewhere online and hope I'm doing what they've suggested...tbh it's fried my brain a bit so wouldn't surprise me if I've got something wrong already! :|

As for how I'm feeling about it, I don't really expect to get awarded anything due to nature of my conditions.  It's difficult for me to fit perfectly into the descriptors.  However as I didn't get awarded any points at the initial assessment or MR stage, I don't really have anything to lose by going to tribunal.  I've assumed it to be around 12 months before I get a hearing date so have got more immediate issues to be worrying about currently, PIP isn't at the front of mind yet. :) 

Reading this thread, I will make sure to add a copy of the full MR letter to the rest of the paperwork I send after receiving the bundle - unless I'm suggested otherwise in the meantime.
  • [Deleted User]
  • jannyb
    justdon said:
    Hi :-)
    Unfortunatley unless we are "able" to source information from places like this and even remember or think about these things ..no one else is gonna tell us ..this is how they set the system up to be such a horrendous nightmare for people .
    Its totally disgusting and unjust.
    The DWP should send a simple understandable fact sheet out with their "bumph" on the very first page,
    Explaining "how" to do this all properly with clearly written step by step instructions.
    But obviously i would be totally away with the faries to hope for anything like that from them.
    How far into the process are you love?
    And how are you feeling about it all ?
    We need to just wait and see if anyone replies here and then hopefully it wont be too late for either of us to get that copy in :-)

I agree, they seem to make these processes overly complicated...I'm usually pretty good with paperwork and online forms too!!   

I sent my appeal online 2 weeks ago (I think!) and got an immediate confirmation email but haven't heard anything else since.  I'm not really sure how long the 'bundle' takes to arrive and have been wondering about that this week...  When the bundle does arrive, I'll send the extra evidence (that I still haven't got yet!) plus a more detailed 'full' appeal letter to wherever it says.  I've been taking advice from various people both on here and on elsewhere online and hope I'm doing what they've suggested...tbh it's fried my brain a bit so wouldn't surprise me if I've got something wrong already! :|

As for how I'm feeling about it, I don't really expect to get awarded anything due to nature of my conditions.  It's difficult for me to fit perfectly into the descriptors.  However as I didn't get awarded any points at the initial assessment or MR stage, I don't really have anything to lose by going to tribunal.  I've assumed it to be around 12 months before I get a hearing date so have got more immediate issues to be worrying about currently, PIP isn't at the front of mind yet. :) 

Reading this thread, I will make sure to add a copy of the full MR letter to the rest of the paperwork I send after receiving the bundle - unless I'm suggested otherwise in the meantime.
    When I did mine online I received 2 emails . 1st one was saying they'd received the application and the 2nd one couple days later to say it had been logged. The 2nd one included a link so you can track progress and it'll tell you the date when dwp have to reply to the courts by . I think once the courts receive the paperwork from the dwp then thsy send you the bundle 
  • [Deleted User]
  • chiarieds
    Hi @justdon A last thought......I just checked my Mandatory Reconsideration letter, & noticed my NI number was only on the first page. I would put your NI number on the other separate pages, just in case.

@OverlyAnxious ....if you haven't already done it, also put your NI number on each separate page of the extra paperwork you intend sending in with your MR letter.
  • [Deleted User]

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.