Work capability waiting times — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work capability waiting times

Options
Kirsty19
Kirsty19 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
My partner handed my fit note to the Job centre in March and I had my assessment in June. I have heard nothing back since. It’s been 18 weeks this Friday. 
Is this normal? I don’t understand it. If I’m put in the group were I don’t have to look for work and activities as I have severe agoraphobia and I’m house bound will I get backdated from June? 
I really don’t understand it. If someone could help that would be marvellous. 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Kirsty19 and welcome to the community. :)

Unfortunately there's no timescale for decisions, any time-frame they give is just a guide. Have you requested a copy of the assessment report? This could give you some indication as to what the decision may be. 

If awarded LCWRA it'll be backdated to 3 full assessment periods after your first fit note. Do you know what date you handed the first fit note in and what your assessment periods are?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Kirsty19
    Kirsty19 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I think it was the 8th March that my partner handed my doctors note to the Job centre.
    I had my assessment on the 14th June. 
    I have rang up a few times and they’ve said it takes three months for any decision but we’re nearly onto the fifth month.  They’re just as puzzled as it should have come through by now. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    That is quite a wait for a decision! Have they confirmed receipt of the assessor's report and have you received a copy?
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.