Hello! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello!

twosticks
twosticks Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello! I’m Emily, pleased to meet you all, how’s everyone doing? 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Hi @twosticks and a warm welcome to the community. It's great to have you with us! Do you want to tell us a little bit about yourself?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • twosticks
    Thank you.
    I’m here because I have a muscle wasting condition and my mobility is progressively deteriorating. I’m 32 and have just come out of a long term relationship partly because my ex couldn’t cope with the possibility of looking after me. 
    I’m hoping being involved in this community will help in several ways. 

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @twosticks and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  Sorry to hear about your deteriorating health.  You have come to the right place for support and friendship as there are many lovely people on here all willing to chat.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and look forward to seeing you on the Community.  I certainly have benefited a lot from being on the forum and I am sure you will too.  Please feel free to look around the site and join in any discussions you find interesting.  A good place to start is at our Coffee Lounge, 

https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/coffee-lounge

Meantime, if there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:

Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @twosticks   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear what you are going through.  You come to the right place for support and friendship.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help new members who join the community and forum.

Please have a look around our website and forum.

Please ask if we can help with anything. We are here to be supportive. Some one will know a member of our team or a member of our community.

Please I hope you enjoy your time with the community.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • twosticks
    Thank you both, I’ll head over to The Coffee Lounge and see what’s going on there. 
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @twosticks I'm Emma, one of the Community Champions who are here to help and advise. A warm welcome to the community. We're all here if you need us for anything. Just let us or the Scope team know and we'll be happy to help.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @twosticks and welcome to the community! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness