DDD — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DDD

karen59
karen59 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I
 have had DDD  feels like forever, I have had injections in my spine, I have had my nerve endings burnt, but that did not help. I am on morphine and pregabalin and 3  amitriptyline tablets to help with the pain.
I went for my 6 monthly check up yesterday and I was advised that I could have the same nerve endings removed, to help control my pain. My consultant advised that nerve endings do grow back, so what is the point of having them done. He showed me a scan and advised that is where the pain is along with a curvature of the spine. he said that there is nothing that they can do 
I was gobsmacked and devastated, has anyone else had this happen to them.

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @karen59 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear you have been given this news and can appreciate how upsetting this is for you.  I have some nerve damage in my left leg and also take Amitriptyline for the pain and have used Pregabalin in the past too so I know how debilitating nerve pain can be.  There may be other members on the forum who can relate to what you are going through also.  There are many lovely, friendly, supportive people on the Community who will only be too glad to chat to you.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    So sorry to read this @karen59. Many of our members do live with chronic pain and you might find some support in our chronic pain group here.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness