How many assessments for PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How many assessments for PIP?

KnobblyKnees
KnobblyKnees Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
Eventually had an assessment last month with Capita and then last week received a letter from the DWP stating they now had all the information required and would let me know their decision ( refusal ha! ) on my PIP claim. In the same post was a letter from the Health Advisory Service informing me they were coming to see me in my home next week. Is this normal or a mix up? The problem is it's not my home, I am a house guest and the property owner won't agree to someone poking around their house. Can I refuse this appointment or insist it's done on their premises?

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, I would phone the DWP and the H A S and ask what the home visit is about as you are a house guest and your host is not happy for strangers to be making such visits, but on the other hand if this is your new, temporary address then they may have just cause to visit. 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    I am curious as to what this is all about too.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The health assessment advisory service is the work capability assessment and nothing to do with PIP. I’m assuming you either claim ESA or Universal Credit and you filled out the work capability assessment form. 

You can cancel one appointment but you must attend the next one. Failure to attend and you’ll very likely be found fit for work and your money will stop. You need to ring the number on the letter first this tomorrow morning. Just so you know, they don’t look around the house during a home assessment, they just attend and ask you questions about your conditions and how they affect your ability to do any type of work. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • KnobblyKnees
    KnobblyKnees Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    I rang them this morning and yes Poppy ( you're a mine of information ) it is related to ESA not PIP. It seems a strange co-incidence that they have sent for me after filling in the assessment form in March. Am I being persecuted for putting in a PIP claim? It's ironic that it was a bloke from the DWP who advised me to put in a PIP claim after I asked if I could get a grant or loan to get an automatic vehicle because my left knee's shot. They've agreed to move the appointment to an assessment centre as my privacy cannot be assured at home. Now I've just got to wait to see if they'll stump up for transport as there's no bus routes here. Thanks all.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @KnobblyKnees, I really hope this all works out for you! Please do let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.