If I move to a new flat — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

If I move to a new flat

Gwynn
Gwynn Community member Posts: 4 Connected
I am sorry if this has been discussed before I am on ESA and PIP and my rent and council tax is paid by the council my question is if I move addresses but stay with the same Council and inform the necessary department of change of address will I be taken off ESA and PIP and placed on Universal credit thank you

Comments

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    You shouldn’t do pip is a diff benefit just do change f address 
  • Gwynn
    Dotty123 thank you very much for your quick reply I have been looking around the internet and can't really find whether it's a change of circumstances that they taken to account for moving you onto universal credit
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @Gwynn A very warm welcome. You need to seek face to face Welfare Rights advice, in your local area, or try Shelter. Is there a specific reason you are seeking a move? As you will still be in the same local authority area. Let us know if you need any further support.
  • Gwynn
    It's a new complex of flats and it's the other side of the city I've been in my last flat nearly 5 years now so I fancy a change that's all
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    I’m on pip and esa you just fill in change circumstances ring and ask them 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    Gwynn said:
    I am sorry if this has been discussed before I am on ESA and PIP and my rent and council tax is paid by the council my question is if I move addresses but stay with the same Council and inform the necessary department of change of address will I be taken off ESA and PIP and placed on Universal credit thank you
    Staying with the same local council will just be a simple change of address and you'll remain on the same benefits you're currently on.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope the house move goes smoothly and it will only be a simple change if it is the same local council. :)
    Scope

• Silver925
    Silver925 Community member Posts: 106 Courageous
    If you move within the same local authority it should not mean a move to Universal Credit. Only if you move to a new local authority. They will just adjust your HB CTS to your new address.
  • Gwynn
    thank you all for your help 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    No problem @Gwynn! Please do keep us updated on how you get on. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.