Pip lost form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip lost form

herroabii
herroabii Community member Posts: 20 Connected
Posted this in wrong category earlier, hoping if I post here will get a few replies.
Long story short.
I have several incurable conditions, I've been on pip since it was introduced and I sent back my pip change of circumstances 4 weeks ago. They apparently lost it. So I sent one back tracked, signed for, before 1pm delivery the lot so I KNOW it's there. PIP then told me this proves nothing and unless it's scanned onto their systems before the 17th of this month my claim stops. How is that fair? I had until the 17th to send my form back, I've sent 2 back in this time and they haven't done THEIR job.
My change of circumstance was I now take a ton of medication, comes in a nomad box with mar sheet, I was already on enhanced daily living, and my mobility was standard as I couldn't leave the house, now I can but only with carer.
Citizens advice just told me I would be entitled to higher rates of both and said it's not my issue if they haven't scanned it but that wasn't helpful when pip are saying it is my issue. Thanks.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,325 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm afraid DWP are correct, it's not classed as arriving until it's been scanned onto the computer. Next day delivery means nothing other than it's been signed for by someone from Royal mail sorting office.

Have you requested the extra 14 days, if you haven't then i'd advise you to ring and request this. Post can take 10 working days to be added onto the system, hopefully it will be added in plenty of time for the deadline.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • herroabii
    But I was advised because I sent it special whatnot royal mail could NOT sign for it, and the DWP had to?
    Have I just wasted my money aha typical. 
    They've had 2 forms and only given me the one date. I did ask but was sent a letter stating I only have until the 17th which is the original date from first form.
    Yet they have 4 week backlog. So basically I have no chance
  • poppy123456
    DWP do not sign for anything that's sent next day delivery, it's signed for by someone from Royal Mail so yes, in my opinion it's a waste of money. Proof of posting is free and is all you need to prove you posted it.

Sounds like you haven't requested the extra 14 days to return the form. Give them a ring tomorrow and request it, then you'll know it will be received well within the time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • herroabii
    Just to add, local jobcentre is now sorting it. Carer is taking down all evidence etc and they're scanning it on for Pip so it can be seen immediately. Might be of use to some people.
  • poppy123456
    Your carer will need to make sure that your local Job centre send it to DWP because your local Job centre doesn't deal with PIP.
  • herroabii
    Your carer will need to make sure that your local Job centre send it to DWP because your local Job centre doesn't deal with PIP.
    Yeah, when we went the job centre lady said they can and just got an email address to scan to PIP, when she called PIP for an email they magically found all my evidence, which was sent on the 7th of October and turns out all got scanned on the system 2 days later and was available when there was supposed to be a 6 week wait!!
    Mine is a UC centre, but it was unknown to me, just incase anyone else has issues might be worthwhile :smile:
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I am glad they have found the PIP evidence, that must have been such a relief!
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.