ESA Support Group to Wrag - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA Support Group to Wrag

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome.

Do you have any other evidence other than a letter from your GP? As you said a GP letter went against you but you're sending another with the MR letter. These type of letters aren't the best evidence to send because a GP will very rarely know how your conditions affect you. They will only ever know the basic things like medication and what appointments you've had or are waiting for etc.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BowieTheCat
    BowieTheCat Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    I didn't send a GP letter with my ESA 50 form.  This is the first letter I've requested from my GP, I used to be under CMHT, had a course of CBT and was then told I should have in depth talking treatment which I never followed up as I found all help offered wasn't very helpful at all, in fact it made me feel 100 times worse especially CMHT.
    I will try to explain best I can on MR form how my condition affects me day to day, my GP has a good idea as I speak to him every 2 weeks.
  • worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    edited September 2019
    Bear in mind when someone gets a IR topup, they are still on CB ESA.  My award letter clearly states I am still on CB ESA, the IR award is a topup, not a replacement of the CB award.

So it makes sense when one loses their IR topop, they are still on the CB award.

I would apply for the HC2 now, also get some HC5 forms to claim your money back for prescriptions you paid for.  Having a HC2 even if you get IR ESA entitlement back wont cause you any harm, so is no harm to get the cert now.
  • BowieTheCat
    Hi @worried33

Thanks for letting me know about this HC2 and HC5, I had no idea such help was available to those on low income.
    I will definitely apply next week.

Thanks
  • BowieTheCat

Just wanted to let you guys know that I received a letter this morning from DWP to say they have overturned the previous decision and have placed me back in the Support Group.
    I'm so relieved and now can start living normally again without the worry about having to attend work related activities.

Thanks to you both for responding to my posts.  Thanks especially to @worried33 for the very useful advice about the medical exemption certificate.

All the best,
    Bowiethecat
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    That's amazing news @BowieTheCat!! Thanks for letting us know! 
    Scope

• BowieTheCat
    @Chloe_Scope yes it's the best news ever.  I forgot to mention you when I was thanking others.  Thank you for your kind concern.

All the best,
    Bowiethecat

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    No problem at all @BowieTheCat! I hope you have a lovely weekend. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.