Have hope DWP over rules Atos assessor — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have hope DWP over rules Atos assessor

vwpolo
vwpolo Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Had home visit. DLA to PIP. Assessor awarded 14 points D/L, 10 points mobility. DWP awarded 12 points, overuling Atos assessor on mobility which gave me enhanced on D/L and Mobility. Ongoing award with soft touch review in 10 year's. My advice, send in as much medical evidence as possible, including photographic evidence of injuries. 
Good luck

Comments

• Fetlock
    Fetlock Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Great to hear positive news.
    No point in sending in photographic evidence though as this is scanned into the system and any detail is totally lost in the process so all that is seen is a black blurb ie its useless as evidence.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @vwpolo and thank you for sharing such good news! 
    Scope

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @vwpolo, hello and welcome, it's nice to hear your good news mostly bad news we hear and read about. Yes sending the most up to date medical supporting evidence is the best and only way to get a honest result. Well done you and thanks for letting us all know. 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @vwpolo and welcome to the community! Fantastic news! ?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    @vwpolo

Hi and welcome. 

Same here, DWP over ruled assessor in my son's case and I think they have in mine as well.?

What do people think of this in the decision:
    I have looked at the information you provided and the health professional report and changed the descriptors previously chosen based on the medical evidence received. 

Does this mean she has changed my descriptors or the assessors? 
    Anyone know please? 
  • Fetlock
    Fetlock Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    It means she (the case manager) has.
    They may have sent your medical evidence to another health professional first for advice though.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    vwpolo said:
    Had home visit. DLA to PIP. Assessor awarded 14 points D/L, 10 points mobility. DWP awarded 12 points, overuling Atos assessor on mobility which gave me enhanced on D/L and Mobility. Ongoing award with soft touch review in 10 year's. My advice, send in as much medical evidence as possible, including photographic evidence of injuries. 
    Good luck
    Was this change made at MR?
  • vwpolo
    vwpolo Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    No MR. Changed at original decision making.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    I see. It`s a different decision to the usual, but 1m so glad you got it. x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    paffuto10 said:
    @vwpolo

Hi and welcome. 

Same here, DWP over ruled assessor in my son's case and I think they have in mine as well.?

What do people think of this in the decision:
    I have looked at the information you provided and the health professional report and changed the descriptors previously chosen based on the medical evidence received. 

Does this mean she has changed my descriptors or the assessors? 
    Anyone know please? 
    It means the DM has changed the HCP's recommended descriptors.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    Thanks so much for advice, I was curious about that  :p
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Great news @vwpolo!

Thanks for the information about photographic evidence @fetlock and @ilovecats.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    good news, seems hopefully things are changing for the better now after amber crudd has left

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.