Hi, I'm Nicola x — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm Nicola x

nicolamkerr
nicolamkerr Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello, just joined. Recently started using a wheelchair so just thought I'd pop on to see if anybody else is in a similar situation and has advice maybe? Not sure what to ask lol. X

Comments

• emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @nicolamkerr I'm Emma, one of the Community Champions who are here to help and advise. Welcome to the community. I'm a wheelchair user myself,and i'm sure many of our members will be in a simillar situation to you so feel free to ask whatever you need to. 

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @nicolamkerr
                             Welcome to the Community, thank you for joining us. How are you?  Please feel free to ask questions and have a look around the forum. There are lots of lovely people on the community who I am sure will be able to answer any questions you may have. I too am a wheelchair user so if there is anything I am able to help with, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer. Thank you. 
  • kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    Hello. I am Emily and i have bpd and possibly autism too they are very unsure! 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @nicolamkerr   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am sure will meet many of our members who will be in touch to offer what help and support, advice they can give you.

As you have already.  Been offered a lot of compassion and kindness.

We are a friendly supportive community . Care and share.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

Please have a look around our forum and website.

Please ask if we can help with anything.  Some one will know a member of our team or a member of our community.

Please take care. I hope you enjoy your time with the community.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @kami24   I am one of the community champions is there anything you wish to know or can I be supportive.

You mentioned your diagnosis.  Please if you wish to chat or talk about anything please get in touch.  If that helps.

You could PM if you want to .

Just being concerned.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • nicolamkerr
    nicolamkerr Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thankyou everyone for responding ❤ x
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nicolamkerr and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I too use a wheelchair, a lot of the time outside.  You will find many supportive, friendly people on here as you probably already have discovered.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and meet some new friends along the way.  There will always be someone to chat to on here.  I look forward to seeing you on the forum in the future.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited October 2019
    Welcome to the community @nicolamkerr!
    It's great that you've found us. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything you need advice or support with! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nicolamkerr and welcome to the community! How are you feeling today? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @nicolamkerr. :)
    Scope

• Edster77
    Edster77 Community member Posts: 162 Courageous
    Hello and welcome   @nicolamkerr
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @nicolamkerr
                               How are you? How are things going? I hope that you are ok and if you wish to talk or ask questions please just ask. It can be difficult to adjust to using a wheelchair and it is not just the practical side, it can also have an impact emotionally. Please may I ask are you in your wheelchair full-time? Please remember if you feel like you need to talk, there are many lovely people on the forum who will be here to listen. Thank you. 

Brightness